PhD (Dr.ing) Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH), Trondheim, Norway 1989. Member of IFE staff since1993.
Adjunct of Physics, University of Oslo.
Field of Expertise
Materials for storage of hydrogen, materials for ICT and energy applications, magnetic materials, nanoscience, crystallography and neutron and X-ray diffraction.
Professional membership and merits
- Operating Agent for IEA Hydrogen Implementation Agreement Task 22 - "Fundamental and Applied Hydrogen Storage Materials Development" from 2006.
- Member of Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences
- Member of Norwegian Physical Society
- Member of International Steering Committee for the International Symposium on Metal-Hydrogen Systems, Fundamentals and Applications
- Member of Steering Committee for Synchrotron Research, Research Council of Norway
- Member of organization and scientific committees in a number of national and international conferences
- Referee for number of international journals including J.Mater Chem., J.Phys.Chem., J.Alloys Compd, Int.J.Hydrogen Energy, Inorg.Chem., Scr. Mater., J.Solid State Chem., J.Materials Science, Phys. Chem
- Evaluator of national research projects in Germany, Iceland, UK, Netherlands, Spain, Australia