Bioimpedance, Stem cells, Regenerative medicine, Neurobiology, Biosensors
My PhD position is part of the EU-Project Training4CRM within the Horizon 2020 programme and Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks. Training4CRM focuses on bridging the existing gaps within Cell-based Regenerative Medicine (CRM) for treatment of neurodegenerative disorders (e.g. Parkinson´s, Huntington´s, Epilepsy). The goal of this project is to master the design, fabrication, integration and testing of completely new tools and materials within the fields of micro and nanoengineering, biotechnology, and pre-clinical research. I work on bioimpedance-based monitoring of cells for non-invasive observation of vital cell parameters and neurotransmitter release.
- PhD Research Fellow in Biomedical Engineering, UiO, since April 2017
- Scientific Employee, Center for Biotechnology and Biomedicine (BBZ), Leipzig University, Germany (Nov 2016 – Jan 2017)
- Master of Science Biochemistry, Leipzig University, Germany (Oct 2014 – Sep 2016)
- Master thesis: Comparative characterization of the neuronal differentiation potential of hiPS and hiPS-derived neuronal progenitor cells
- Erasmus Exchange semester, M.Sc. Molecular Biology, Aarhus University, Denmark (Aug 2015 – Jan 2016)
- Molecular Biology Project: Localization and enzymatic activity of 2’-5’ oligoadenylate synthetase 1 isoforms in HEK293 and HeLa cells
- Bachelor of Science Biochemistry, Leipzig University, Germany (Oct 2011 – Sep 2014)
- Bachelor thesis: Effect of humic acids on growth and toxicity of chlorophenols in Pseudomonas putida
- Biophysics and medical physics, UiO
- Oslo University Hospital
- Center for Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Division of Molecular biological-biochemical Processing Technology, Universität Leipzig, Germany
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
- Lund University, Sweden
- Verigraft AB, Sweden
- Sciospec Scientific Instruments GmbH, Germany
Check my LinkedIn for more information.
Hou, Jie; Abie, Sisay Mebre; Strand-Amundsen, Runar; Galperin, Yuri; Bergli, Joakim & Schuelke, Christin [Show all 8 contributors for this article] (2021). Temperature dependence of the microwave dielectric properties of γ -aminobutyric acid. Scientific Reports. ISSN 2045-2322. 11(1). doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-97178-7.
Cunha, Andrè Bastos da; Schuelke, Christin; Heiskanen, Arto; Asif, Afia; Hassan, Yasmin M. & Keller, Stephan S. [Show all 10 contributors for this article] (2020). Bioimpedance Measurements on Human Neural Stem Cells as a Benchmark for the Development of Smart Mobile Biomedical Applications. International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering Proceedings. ISSN 1680-0737. 72, p. 38–47. doi: 10.1007/978-981-13-3498-6_6. Full text in Research Archive
Cunha, Andrè Bastos da; Hou, Jie & Schuelke, Christin (2019). Machine learning for stem cell differentiation and proliferation classification on electrical impedance spectroscopy. Journal of Electrical Bioimpedance. ISSN 1891-5469. 10(1), p. 124–132. doi: 10.2478/joeb-2019-0018. Full text in Research Archive
Schuelke, Christin; Cunha, Andrè Bastos da; Heiskanen, Arto; Asif, Afia; Keller, Stephan S. & Martínez-Serrano, Alberto [Show all 8 contributors for this article] (2020). Neural Stem Cell Characterization and Detection of Neurotransmitter release using Bioimpedance and Electrochemistry.
Salado-Manzano, Cristina; Schuelke, Christin; Gonzalez-Ramos, Ana; Waloschková, Eliška; Baumlin, Camille & Vasudevan, Shashank [Show all 14 contributors for this article] (2019). European Union Horizon2020: Training4CRM ITN. Cell-based therapies for neurodegenerative diseases.
Schuelke, Christin; Cunha, Andrè Bastos da; Heiskanen, Arto; Asif, Afia; Keller, Stephan S. & Kalvøy, Håvard [Show all 9 contributors for this article] (2019). Bioimpedance and Electrochemistry for Neural Stem Cell Characterization and Detection of Dopamine Release. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference Proceedings. ISSN 1557-170X.