Functional materials for Renewable energy systems (photovoltaic & thermo-electric), High entropy material systems, Semiconductor oxides, semiconductors for photo-catalytic/ water treatment, exploring the natural products incorporation in semiconductors for biomedical applications.
Currently I am working on the project, HEATER - funded by the FRINATEK program of the Research Council of Norway in collaboration with SINTEF, NTNU and the German Space Agency and the New University of Lisbon.
- Research Methodology (MMAS11C)
- Advanced Materials Physics (MMAS12C)
- In-depth Study of Published Literature (MMAS13E)
- Analytical Chemistry
- NANOSCIENCE AND ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
- Materials Chemistry
Dr. J. Mayandi has obtained his PhD (Physics) from University of Oslo, Norway for his research work in “Embedded semiconductor nanocrystals/nanoclusters in oxide films”. He was employed as a Research Scientist at IFE, Norway (2008 - 2010 ) and engaged in research on silicon solar cell value chain process. Then he was appointed as Asst.Professor, at Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu, India, during 2010. He initiated the research on porous silicon based applications, photovoltaic, thermo-electric, materials development for photo-catalytic, LED and non-linear optics. He has contributed about 70 research publications in reputed peer review journals and presented his work in various international conferences. He has been supervising 7 PhD research scholars and 5 of them has been awarded. J. Mayandi, has organized several international conference and workshop at Madurai Kamaraj University since 2010.
- DST-DAAD, 2017-2019
- Young Scientist Award -DST India, 2012-2015
- Raman Fellowship Award -UGC India, 2014-2015
- CNRS-lab Faculté de St-Jérôme University Paul CezannePost-DoctoralJan, 2008
- Norwegian Research fellowship award, 2004-2007
- National University of Singapore Research fellowship Award, 2002-2004
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu, India, Asst. Prof., 2010 Till date
- Institute for Energy Technology, Norway, Scientist, 2008-2010
- Raman Post-doctoral Fellow, Michigan Technological University, USA, 2014-2015.
- Scientist, Institute for Energy Technology, Norway, Scientist, 2008-2010.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, CNRS-lab Faculté de St-Jérôme University Paul CezannePost-DoctoralJan Jan 2008 – March 2008
- University of Oslo Researcher, Aug2007 - Dec2007
Prof. Terje Finsad (supervisor) and Dr. Patricia Almeida Carvalho