Per Arne Rikvold
My research focuses on applications of equilibrium and non-equilibrium computational statistical mechanics to a wide range of problems. These include surface structures of porous hydrogels, structure and dynamics of interfaces driven through a medium by an external force, electrochemical adsorption processes, dynamics of magnetization reversal in thin films, network-theoretical analysis of electrical power grids, and topics in evolutionary ecology. Full publication list, going back to 1977.
- 2001: Elected Fellow of The American Physical Society (APS). For innovative and significant computational studies in statistical and condensed-matter physics, materials science, and electrochemistry, including development of novel algorithms to study the decay of metastable phases of matter.
- 2004: Elected Foreign Member of The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters.
- 2010: Elected Fellow of The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). For distinguished contributions to computational statistical physics and its interdisciplinary applications in condensed-matter and materials physics, electrochemistry, computer science, biology, and engineering.
- 2013: Selected as an Outstanding Referee for the Journals of the American Physical Society (APS).
- 2010-18: Distinguished Research Professor, Florida State University.
- 2004-18: The James G. Skofronick Professor of Physics, Florida State University.
- 1992-2004: Professor of Physics, Florida State University.
- 1987-92: Associate Professor of Physics, Florida State University.
- 1985-87: Senior Research Chemist, ARCO Chemical Company, Newtown Square, PA.
- 1983-85: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Mechanical Engineering, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY.
- 1981-83: Research Council of Norway Predoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Physics, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA.
- 1978-81: Predoctoral Research Associate, Department of Physics, University of Oslo, Norway.
- 1976-78: Japanese Ministry of Education Foreign Graduate Fellow, Department of Physics, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Silva, Daniel & Rikvold, Per Arne (2019). Complete catalog of ground-state diagrams for the general three-state lattice-gas model with nearest-neighbor interactions on a square lattice. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. ISSN 1463-9076. 21, s 6216- 6223 . doi: 10.1039/c8cp07721e Full text in Research Archive.
- Murase, Yohsuke & Rikvold, Per Arne (2018). Conservation of population size is required for self-organized criticality in evolution models. New Journal of Physics. ISSN 1367-2630. 20 . doi: 10.1088/1367-2630/aad861
- Nishino, Masamichi; Rikvold, Per Arne; Omand, Conor & Miyashita, Seiji (2018). Multistability in an unusual phase diagram induced by the competition between antiferromagnetic-like short-range and ferromagnetic-like long-range interactions. Physical review B (PRB). ISSN 2469-9950. 98(14), s 144402-1- 144402-13 . doi: 10.1103/PhysRevB.98.144402 Full text in Research Archive.