John Faulkner Burkhart
- Energy System Geophysics
- Hydrology and Energy Transport in the Earth System
- Arctic and Cryospheric Systems
- Aerosols and Radiative Forcing Impacts to Hydrologic Systems
Hydrologic and Atmospheric Research in Arctic and Cryospheric Systems to understand coupling large scale atmospheric dynamics with climate and hydrologic sensitivity for energy and water resource evaluation.
- GEO4310 -- Statistical and Stochastic Methods in Hydrology
- GEO2010 -- Surface Water Hydrology
- GEO4430 -- Snow, snow hydrology and Avalances - (guest lecturer)
- AGF-212 -- Snow and Ice Processes - (guest lecturer) UNIS - The University Centre in Svalbard
Ph.D. University of Arizona, Department of Hydrology and Water Resources
M.Sc. University of Arizona, Department of Hydrology and Water Resources
B.Sc. Iowa State University, Earth Systems Science Interdisciplinary Degree
LATICE in Nature Climate Change! April was a good month for LATICE, with two articles published in Nature Climate Change:
Piao, S., Liu, Z., Wang, T., Peng, S., Ciais, P., Huang, M., Ahlstrom A., Burkhart, J.F., Chevallier, F., Janssens, I., Jeong, S., Lin, X., Mao, J., Miller, J., Mohammat, A., Myneni, R.B., Penuelas, J., Shi, X., Stohl, A., Yao, Y., Zhu, Z., Tans, P.P. Weakening temperature control on the interannual variations of spring carbon uptake across northern lands Nature Climate Change (2017) doi:10.1038/nclimate3277
Chadburn, SE., Bruke, EJ., Cox, PM., Friedliigstein, P., Hugelius, G., & S. Westermann. 2017. An observation-based constraint on permafrost loss as a function of global warming. Nature Climate Change. doi:10.1038/nclimate3262
THE END OF ICE
Exploring a Himalayan glacier.
Markus Engelhardt and fellow Norwegian glaciologists heading to the Chhota Shigri glacier to take samples of sediment dating back as far as twelve thousand years. Their adventure was highlighed in a story in 'The New Yorker', April 2016.