Volcanic CO2 may have triggered the Permian extinction 252 million years ago. An intense and rapid increase in CO2 may affected the climate and consequently also the ecosystems. Carbon isotopes measured on fossil marine algae- and plant fossils from Finnmark have provided with important information in a new study.
Study programme taught in English
- Geosciences (master's two years)
- Programme option CS: Geoscience,
in the Computational Science MSc programme
Find reading lists, lecture times and notes from all courses from the department.Log in to Canvas
How dangerous is it, how long will it last, and what happens if you go near liquid lava? Researcher on volcanos Olivier Galland, UiO explains what you need to know about the eruption.
That is, if we meet the Paris Agreement target of limiting warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius. “Human action matters”, says Professor Regine Hock.
- Detection of a quantum transition deep inside the Earth Oct. 12, 2021
- Infection control measures are repealed Sep. 24, 2021
- Professor Regine Hock awarded The Richardson Medal for 2021 Aug. 23, 2021
- Food Security Lessons from the Vikings Sep. 8, 2021 11:15 AM
- One side of Earth's interior is losing heat much faster than the other Mar. 16, 2021 2:30 PM
- Mysterious lava flows on Mars can be mud volcanos June 10, 2020 4:57 PM
PhD Research Fellow in Arctic geology/geophysics
Avdeling: Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)Fakultet: Det matematisk-naturvitenskapelige fakultetSpråk: BokmålSøknadsfrist: 14. november 2021
PhD Research Fellow in global snow depths from remote sensing and modeling
Avdeling: Institutt for geofagFakultet: Det matematisk-naturvitenskapelige fakultetSpråk: BokmålSøknadsfrist: 31. oktober 2021
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in mineralogy or condensed matter physics or chemistry
Avdeling: Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)Fakultet: Det matematisk-naturvitenskapelige fakultetSpråk: BokmålSøknadsfrist: 8. november 2021
Vikariat som seniorkonsulent
Avdeling: Institutt for geofagFakultet: Det matematisk-naturvitenskapelige fakultetSpråk: BokmålSøknadsfrist: 27. oktober 2021
Study geosciences; geology, geography and geophysics at the University of Oslo, Norway.
The Dept. of Geosciences offer these studies in English: