Study programme taught in English
Find reading lists, lecture times and notes from all courses from the department.
When Los Chocoyos in Guatemala erupted 84,000 years ago, emissions of sulfur and chlorine may have affected the climate for a long time, new research shows.
Melting of ice in permafrost ground leads to processes of change in the Arctic landscape – thermokarst. This may cause faster thawing of the permafrost according to a new study.
The largest of all mass extinctions on Earth happened at the end of the Permian Period, 252 million years ago. Volcanism and The Siberian Traps may have been part of the cause.
- MetOs has moved to Kristine Bonnevies hus, Blindern July 31, 2020
- Seminar: Scientific Teaching with iEarth June 8, 2020
- High score on the Nature Index for 2020 May 19, 2020
- Dedicated to Geodynamics Research – Clint Conrad wins the Evgueni Burov Medal for 2020 May 15, 2020
- Mysterious lava flows on Mars can be mud volcanos June 10, 2020 4:57 PM
- Lockdown gives a "window" for research on air pollution Apr. 22, 2020 12:24 PM
- Observations of iceflow in the Arctic Nov. 19, 2019 4:43 PM
Post-doctoral fellowship position in regional structural geology analysis of CO2 storage sites
Avdeling: Institutt for geofagFakultet: Det matematisk-naturvitenskapelige fakultetSpråk: BokmålSøknadsfrist: 21. august 2020
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Earth and Planetary Sciences
Avdeling: Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)Fakultet: Det matematisk-naturvitenskapelige fakultetSpråk: BokmålSøknadsfrist: 23. august 2020
Two 3-year Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Oceanography
Avdeling: Institutt for geofagFakultet: Det matematisk-naturvitenskapelige fakultetSpråk: BokmålSøknadsfrist: 30. september 2020