Scanners are used to convert text and graphic paper documents, photographic film, photographic paper or other files to digital images.
Our Epson Expression 10000XL Pro A3 scanner has an excellent resolution, and top lights for scanning slides
|Ricoh MPC4501||Document scanner, automatic paper feed, A3||119 (Mail room)|
|Ricoh MPC2051||Document scanner, automatic paper feed, A3||110 (Printer room)|
|Ricoh MPC2051||Document scanner, automatic paper feed, A3||206 (study administration)|
|Epson Expression 10000XL||Document/film scanner, A3||210 (GIS lab)|
|Nikon Super Coolscan LS-8000 ED||Film scanner, 120/220/135||210 (GIS lab)|
|Canon CanoScan 8800||Document scanner, also used for thin ground sections||0019 (SEM)|
|Canon CanoScan 4200F||Document scanner, A4||Library|
|Canon CanoScan 4200F||Document scanner, A4||Computer lab ZEB|
|Canon CanoScan 8800||Document scanner, A4||CIENS 48-12-23|
How to scan:
The Ricoh machines can scan documents and send you the PDF by email. With SafeCom your email address is found automatically.
- Log in to a Ricoh machine by swiping your card and pushing the SafeCom button.
- Select "e-mail"
- Adjust setting for your scan, as desired.
- Log out.
- Start menu -> "All Programs"-"IrfanView"-"IrfanView X.XX"
- In IrfanView: "File"-"Aquire/Batch Scanning" -> OK.
- Canon ScanGear will open, from which you can control your scanning.
Epson Expression 10000XL
- Start menu -> "Epson scan" - choose "Epson Expression 10000 XL"
- This opens up EPSON scan, from which you can control your scanning.
If scanning film:
- remove white cover sheet from the scanner overlights
- Insert plastic spacing into holding holes on the top of the scan area.