I mainly study connections between combinatorics and algebraic geometry over the real and complex numbers. I am leading the research group on Algebraic and Topological Cycles in Tropical and Complex Geometries funded by the BFS.
Prior to coming to the University of Oslo, I was a postdoc at the Max Planck Institute Leipzig, the Technical University of Berlin, and the University of Toronto. I also spent time as a postdoc at the Fields’ Institute semester in Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry.
- Shaw, Kristin & Kummer, Mario (2019). The separating semigroup of a real curve. Annales de la Faculté des Sciences de Toulouse. ISSN 0240-2963.
- Jell, Philipp; Rau, Johannes & Shaw, Kristin (2018). Lefschetz (1,1) theorem in tropical geometry. Épijournal de Géométrie Algébrique (EPIGA). ISSN 2491-6765.
- Shaw, Kristin; Brugallé, Erwan; Mikhalkin, Grigory & Risler, Jean-Jacques (2018). Nonexistence of torically maximal hypersurfaces. Algebra i Analiz. ISSN 0234-0852.
- Shaw, Kristin; Kastner, Lars & Winz, Anna-Lena (2017). Cellular sheaf cohomology of polymake. Fields Institute Communications. ISSN 1069-5265.
- Shaw, Kristin; Ren, Qinchung & Sturmfels, Bernd (2016). Tropicalizations of del Pezzo surfaces. Advances in Mathematics. ISSN 0001-8708.
- Shaw, Kristin & Brugallé, Erwan (2015). Obstructions to approximating tropical curves in surfaces via intersection theory. Canadian Journal of Mathematics - Journal Canadien de Mathematiques. ISSN 0008-414X.
- Shaw, Kristin & Brugallé, Erwan (2014). A bit of tropical geometry. The American mathematical monthly. ISSN 0002-9890.
- Shaw, Kristin (2013). A tropical intersection product in matroidal fans. SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics. ISSN 0895-4801.