- Magnetohydrodynamic simulations of the solar corona, with a focus on magnetic reconnections and high energetic phenomena like solar flares and coronal mass ejections.
- Magnetic field extrapolations using numerical models of non-force-free/nonlinear-force-free magnetic fields and their applications to spectro-polarimetric data from solar photosphere and chromosphere.
- Topological and statistical properties of coronal fields derived from magnetic field extrapolations, with focus on magnetic braiding, magnetic helicity, properties of magnetic null points and formation of current sheets.
- March 2016 Ph.D. - Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi 110068, India.
- Thesis title: Magnetic Helicity and Force-Free Properties of Astrophysical Magnetic Fields
- Institute: Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore, India.
- Adviser: Prof. Arun Mangalam, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore, India.
- June 2010 Master of Science - Indian Institute of Astrophysics/Indira Gandhi National Open University (Integrated M.Sc.-PhD in Physics and Astrophysics), Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- June 2008 Bachelor of Science - University of Calcutta, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
- Sep. 2011 Awarded the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship (SPMF) for JRF/SRF by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR).
Aug 2021 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Rosseland Center for Solar Physics, Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Oct 2018 Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Center for Space Plasma & Aeronomic Research, The University of Alabama in Huntsville, Huntsville, USA
June 2016 Postdoctoral Fellow, Udaipur Solar Observatory, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, India
March 2016 Postdoctoral Researcher, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore, India
Aug. 2012 Senior Research Fellow, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore, India
Aug. 2010 Junior Research Fellow, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore, India
Cristin returned 'not found'