Galaxy formation and evolution. Multi-wavelength observations of galaxies in the local and high-redshift Universe. Feedback mechanisms from star formation and accreting super massive black holes. Multi-phase and multi-scale galactic outflows. The circumgalactic and intergalactic medium. Galaxy interactions and mergers. (Sub)-millimetre telescopes and observational techniques. Dual and binary active galactic nuclei. The thermal and kinetic Sunyaev-Zel'dovich (SZ) effect.
- 2021 - 2024 Coordinator of "Towards an Atacama Large Aperture Submillimeter Telescope (AtLAST)". This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 951815. More info on the AtLAST website.
- 2020 - present AST2210 Observasjonsastronomi
Fellowships, awards and prizes
2016 – 2019 European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 664931 (Astrofit2 fellowships)
2017 Special mention at “Premio Giuseppe Lorenzoni” for best scientific article in Astrophysics 2014-2016, Italy
2015 MERAC funding and travel award, awarded by the Société Suisse d’Astrophysique et d’Astronomie, Switzerland
2013 - 2015 Isaac Newton studentship, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
2013 - 2015 Science and technology facilities council (STFC) studentship, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
2011 Summa cum laude Master degree in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Sapienza Università di Roma
2009 Summa cum laude Bachelor degree in Physics and Astrophysics, Sapienza Università di Roma
- 2019 - present Associate Professor, Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, University of Oslo, Norway
- 2016 – 2019 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow, INAF Osservatorio astronomico di Brera, Italy
- 2015 – 2016 Postdoctoral researcher, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- 2012 – 2015 PhD in Physics, Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- 2009 – 2011 MS, Department of Physics, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- 2006 – 2009 BS, Department of Physics, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Main research projects
- 2018 - present AtLAST (Atacama Large Aperture Submm/mm telescope). Coordinator of the EU-funded Design Study of AtLAST. Leader of the Circumgalactic medium science case for AtLAST.
- 2019 - present MOONS (Multi Object Optical and Near-infrared Spectrograph for the VLT). Associate member of the consortium, involved in the preparation of the extragalactic GTO survey.
- 2016 - 2019 PI of COURAGE, funded by the EU's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 664931
- 2013 - 2017 Co-I with leading role of ALLSMOG, ESO large programme at the APEX telescope