List of contacts for the media
This list includes researchers at the Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics that can help answer questions from the media covering a wide range of astrophysical topics.
Questions? Please contact our communications advisor.
For the latest research published scientists at the institute, please look at the section for press releases.
List of scientists and their expertise:
- Asteroides and comets: professor emeritus Kaare Aksnes
- Our sun and our solar system: professor Viggo Hansteen, assoc. prof. Tiago Pereira
- The suns composition and atmosphere, European Solar Telescope (EST), ESA/Solar Orbiter: professor Mats Carlsson, assoc. prof. Tiago Pereira
- Solar / Stellar observations with the Atacama Large Millimeter Array (ALMA): Sven Wedemeyer
- Sun spots, observations and images of the sun: professor Luc Van Der Voort, assoc. prof. Tiago Pereira
- The solar atmosphere, numerical models and simulations: professor Boris Gudiksen
- Space based observatories and large archives: Stein Vidar Hagfors Haugan
- Big Bang and the Universe' development: professor Øystein Elgarøy, professor David Fonseca Mota
- Black holes and gravitational waves: professor Øystein Elgarøy, professor David Fonseca Mota
- The cosmic microwave background (CMB) and the Planck-satellite : professor Hans Kristian Eriksen, professor Frode Hansen and professor Per Lilje
- Euclid-satellite and the large scale structure of the universe: professor Per Lilje
- ESA's program for space research: professor Per Lilje
- Exoplanets (planets orbiting other stars): associate professor Sven Wedemeyer, professor Øystein Elgarøy
- Other star types: associate professor Sven Wedemeyer, assoc. prof. Tiago Pereira
- Other gravitational theories (alternatives to Einstein): professor David Mota
- Dark energi and dark matter: professor David Mota
- Galactic clusters and gravitational lensing: senior researcher Håkon Dahle
- Galaxies far away and galaxy development: senior researcher Håkon Dahle
- Gamma ray bursts: senior researcher Håkon Dahle