Stian Hartman and his quest for dark matter
"I expect to learn a lot every day, and I hope that my work will contribute to the quest for dark matter."
Stian Thomas Heimdal Hartman is Norwegian and did bachelor and master in Physics at NTNU.
– My master thesis was on multicomponent superfluid Bose-Einstein Condensates. This is similar to my current project which is about superfluid dark matter.
Could dark matter be superfluid?
What is the aim of your research?
– I am studying structure formation using models for superfluid dark matter, and try to find probes for these models. The main question can therefore be formulated as "could dark matter be a superfluid?".
- What is your approach?
– My approach in answering the main question will be simulations on structure formation in the universe using superfluid models for dark matter.
Amazing cosmology at ITA
Stian wanted to study cosmology at the Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics (ITA).
– I had heard they do amazing work there, and I always wanted to do a PhD in cosmology.
– What is your experience at ITA so far?
– My experience at ITA has been very positive so far due to the many great colleagues here working on interesting projects, and exciting trips abroad.
Stian looks forward to continuing working at ITA and living near Oslo.
– Your expectations?
I expect to learn a lot every day, and I hope that my work will contribute to the quest for dark matter.