CBA is a joint operation between the Department of Biosciences, Geosciences and Chemistry.
Our interdisciplinary team studies interactions and feedbacks between climate, carbon cycling and ecosystems in northern latitudes
- to assess and predict changes in global carbon cycling, which is a crucial requirement to develop strategies to counter anthropogenic climate change.
- To educate the next generation of climate scientists in the fields of biology, chemistry and geology.
- To engage the public to implement strategies that help society and ecosystems reverse or adapt to climate and environmental changes
Our shared vision is
- to develop and deploy cutting-edge science to understand biogeochemical cycles in a changing anthropogenic world.
- to develop strategies to help society and ecosystems reverse or adapt to climate and environmental changes.
We want to achieve excellence through
- Scientific rigorousness and openness
- Ethical practices in all areas of endeavour
- Scientific accountability
- Respect, professionalism and dedication
- Sense of responsibility to transfer knowledge to the public
- Sharing of best practices and working as a team