When awarded a grant
After you receive a grant from DEEP the following will happen:
- You receive a reward letter. Your supervisor will also be informed.
- You inform us of bigger changes in your travel plans.
- Approximately one month before departure the grant will be transferred to your account. If your travel takes place shortly after the deadline, you might recive the money later than one month before departure.
During your stay
Set up an expense overview for all your expenses up to the awarded grant amount (an easy excel list will do)
Save receipts for all expenses listed in your overview.
Example: If you have been awarded a grant of 25 000 NOK to cover travel, housing and some food expenses, you will have to list all travel, housing and food costs up to 25 000 NOK and save receipts as documentation. For travel and housing it is usually easy to do. But for food costs it might be more tedious. Remember to ask for the receipt even though paying with cash.
Latest one month after returning
- Send or deliver your expence overview with all the original receipts to CEED (DEEP), P.O box 1028 Blindern, 0315 Oslo. We need to make sure that you have used your awarded amount on your travels.
- If you cannot document your expenses, you will have to pay tax of the awarded amount not documented.
You can apply for the travel grant as often as necessary. It is no upper limit of times it can be awarded to the same person.