The model species used have mainly been small passerine birds, namely the pied flycatcher Ficedula hypoleuca, the great tit Parus major, and the blue tit P. caeruleus because these species are common and accept to breed in our nestboxes. The field work is carried out in study sites in woodlands near the University. We also take blood sample for analyses of paternity and hormone levels.
I am an ISI Highly cited scientist.
Complete Publication List (doc)
I have read and promise to adhere to the NENT.
- Slagsvold, Tore & Wiebe, Karen (2018). On heterospecifc learning in birds ? comments on Samplonius and Forsman et al. Journal of Avian Biology. ISSN 0908-8857. 49(3) . doi: 10.1111/jav.01706
- Cadahia, Luis; Labra, Antonieta; Knudsen, Endre; Nilsson, Anna; Lampe, Helene M.; Slagsvold, Tore & Stenseth, Nils Christian (2017). Advancement of spring arrival in a long‑term study of a passerine bird: sex, age and environmental effects. Oecologia. ISSN 0029-8549. 184(4), s 917- 929 . doi: 10.1007/s00442-017-3922-4
- Gamelon, Marlène; Grøtan, Vidar; Nilsson, Anna L. K.; Engen, Steinar; Hurrell, James W.; Jerstad, Kurt; Phillips, Adam S.; Røstad, Ole Wiggo; Slagsvold, Tore; Walseng, Bjørn; Stenseth, Nils Christian & Sæther, Bernt-Erik (2017). Interactions between demography and environmental effects are important determinants of population dynamics. Science Advances. ISSN 2375-2548. 3(2) . doi: 10.1126/sciadv.1602298 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Slagsvold, Tore & Wiebe, Karen (2017). On the use of heterospecific information for nest site selection in birds. Journal of Avian Biology. ISSN 0908-8857. 48(7), s 1035- 1040 . doi: 10.1111/jav.01398 Full text in Research Archive.
- Aandstad, Kristian & Slagsvold, Tore (2017). Crystallization of song in the pied flycatcher (Ficedula hypoleuca).
- Fong, Lydia & Slagsvold, Tore (2017). Comparing the song variation of early and late arrivals of pied flycatchers (Ficedula hypoleuca).
- Hol, Kristiane E. & Slagsvold, Tore (2017). On the “silver-spoon” effect: Telomere length in relation to rearing conditions in blue tits.
- MacNeish, Avery & Slagsvold, Tore (2017). Variation in telomere length in blue tits in relation to age, sex, breeding success, and the telomere length of their parents.
- Slagsvold, Tore (2017). On the use of heterospecific information in birds.
- Aandstad, Kristian & Slagsvold, Tore (2016). Crystallization of song in the pied flycatcher (Ficedula hypoleuca).