eNordic Natural Products Conference 2021
The Nordic Natural Products Conference (NNPC) has a history back to 1961, when the first conference was held in Bornholm, Denmark. At that time, the conference was named Nordic Natural Product Chemistry Symposia. Since 2005, the meeting has been arranged every second year in one of the Nordic countries, and the last time the conference was held in Norway was in 2011. In 2021, the first virtual NNPC will be held due to the Covid-19 pandemic, but hopefully we will meet again in person in 2023 in Finland. Even if the 2021 conference will be digital, we will enjoy coffee breaks in a relaxed Nordic atmosphere.
The Nordic Natural Products Conference aims to strengthen the Nordic scientific collaboration in the field of natural product chemistry, pharmacognosy and closely related disciplines. The topics of 2021 cover the broad interdisciplinary fields of natural product research and we invite you to submit an abstract to contribute to an exciting scientific program this year. The scientific program includes plenary lectures from keynote speakers that will increase our knowledge and discuss exciting developments of natural product research.
- Traditional medicine and ethnopharmacology
- Biological and pharmacological activities of natural products
- Analytics and structure elucidation of natural products
- Biosynthesis and bioengineering of natural products
- Helle Wangensteen, Department of Pharmacy, UiO
- Anne Berit Samuelsen, Department of Pharmacy, UiO
- Kari Tvete Inngjerdingen, Department of Pharmacy, UiO
- Irene Teixidor Toneu, Natural History Museum, UiO
- Monica Jordheim, Department of Chemistry, UiB
Nordic Advisory Board
- Sweden: Anders Backlund
- Denmark: Dan Stærk
- Finland: Päivi Tammela
- Iceland: Elín Soffía Ólafsdóttir
Registration and abstract submission
Registration form to access the digital conference.
Deadline for registration: 1st of June 2021
We invite researchers from the Nordic countries to submit abstracts to the conference. Abstracts are submitted through the abstract submission form. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed.
Deadline for abstract: 1st of April 2021
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology,
School of Life Sciences,
University of Warwick
|Catherine Taylor Nordgård
Department of Biotechnology and Food Science,
The Norwegian College of Fishery Science,
UiT–The Arctic University of Norway