As part of the Experimental Particle Physics group I work on Grid middleware, which enables the distributed analysis and processing of data from CERN's ATLAS experiment along with other scientific experiments. I am mainly focussed on data management issues, such as optimising the data flow around the worldwide Grid, data caching, cataloging and storage.
Higher education and employment history
- 2010 - present: UiO/CERN, NorduGrid middleware development and integration into the ATLAS distributed workload management system
- 2009-2010: Ghana, consultant for Nordic DataGrid Facility
- 2007-2008: UiO, researcher, developing NorduGrid middleware and integrating it into the ATLAS data management system
- 2005-2006: CERN, fellow in ATLAS computing group, helping to design and build the ATLAS data management system
- 2001-2004: University of Glasgow, PhD "Replica Management and Optimisation for Data Grids"