The Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory at the University of Oslo (UiO MiNaLab) is equipped with a Shimadzu SolidSpec-3700 DUV with an integrating sphere.
The spectrophotometer is suitable for transmission, reflection, and scattering measurements of thin films. The sample size should be 5 mm × 5 mm or larger. The system is a double beam spectrometer, using a reference beam to avoid inaccuracies in the measurement from variable light intensity.
- Total light transmission.
- Specular and diffuse reflection. Performed at a 5º angle.
- Diffuse reflection.
- 185 – 2500 nm range
- Spectral Resolution: 0.1 nm; data collection intervals between 0.01 nm – 5 nm (1 nm commonly used)
- Two light sources: Deuterium lamp (185 – 285 nm) and Tungsten lamp (285 – 2500 nm)
- Double beam instrument – reference beam corrects for fluctuations in, e.g., the light source intensity or detector response, over time.
- Three detectors to cover the whole range from UV to NIR in the same scan;
- PhotoMultiplier (PM), 185 – 870 nm
- InGaAs, 870 – 1650 nm
- PbS, 1650 – 2500 nm
- Automatic dark correction – spectrometer automatically corrects measurements in the NIR to account for blackbody radiation from the instrument.
The spectrophotometer is available for rent with or without an operator. Prices are in Norwegian kroner (NOK) excl. VAT. All prices are subject to change.
|User Category||Price without operator/hour||Price with operator/hour|
|Academia||500 NOK||1250 NOK|
|Start-up||625 NOK||1725 NOK|
|Industry||750 NOK||1850 NOK|
The reduced fees for start-up companies are available for the first 24 months after start-up. Training costs are currently covered by NorFab.