This is the reading list for the 2013 CaNoRock PhD school in Kananaskis, Canada.
Some of the articles are not yet accessible through this blog, we will update the list as soon as possible.
- Strangeway, R. J.; Ergun, R. E.; Su, Y.-J.; Carlson, C. W. & Elphic, R. C. Factors controlling ionospheric outflows as observed at intermediate altitudes, Journal of Geophysical Research, 2005, 110, 3221
- Luehr, H. & Marker, S. High-latitude thermospheric density and wind dependence on solar and magnetic activity, in Climate And Weather of the Sun-Earth System (CAWSES): Highlights from a priority program, Springer, 2013, 189-206
- Lühr, H.; Rother, M.; Köhler, W.; Ritter, P. & Grunwaldt, L. Thermospheric up-welling in the cusp region: Evidence from CHAMP observations, Geophysical Research Letters, 2004, 31, 6805
- Yau, A. W. & Andre, M. Sources of Ion Outflow in the High Latitude Ionosphere, Space Science Reviews, 1997, 80, 1-25 (HiRes Figures)
- Kelley, M. C.; Knudsen, D. J. & Vickrey, J. F. Poynting flux measurements on a satellite – A diagnostic tool for space research, Journal of Geophysical Research, 1991, 96, 201-207
- Cowley, S. W. H. Magnetosphere-Ionosphere Interactions: A Tutorial Review, Magnetospheric Current Systems, 2000, 91-106
- Richmond, A. D. On the ionospheric application of Poynting's theorem, Journal of Geophysical Research, 2010, 115, 10311
- Lotko, W. The magnetosphere ionosphere system from the perspective of plasma circulation: A tutorial, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, 2007, 69, 191-211
- Saint-Maurice, J.-P. & Hanson, W. B. Ion frictional heating at high latitudes and its possible use for an in situ determination of neutral thermospheric winds and temperatures, Journal of Geophysical Research, 1982, 87, 7580-7602
- Milan, S. E.; Gosling, J. S. & Hubert, B. Relationship between interplanetary parameters and the magnetopause reconnection rate quantified from observations of the expanding polar cap, Journal of Geophysical Research, 2012, 117, 3226
- Förster, M.; Rentz, S.; Köhler, W.; Liu, H. & Haaland, S. E. IMF dependence of high-latitude thermospheric wind pattern derived from CHAMP cross-track measurements Annales Geophysicae, 2008, 26, 1581-1595
- Hays, P. B.; Killeen, T. L.; Spencer, N. W.; Wharton, L. E.; Roble, R. G.; Emery, B. A.; Fuller-Rowell, T. J.; Rees, D.; Frank, L. A. & Craven, J. D. Observations of the dynamics of the polar thermosphere Journal of Geophysical Research, 1984, 89, 5597-5612
Published Aug. 3, 2013 10:20 PM - Last modified Nov. 6, 2013 5:26 AM