Results from the project
The research done by participants in this project has so far resulted in these presentations, lectures and publications.
The EGU General Assembly EGU 2019, 7-12 April, Vienna, Austria.
- Zhou, Y.L., Xu, C-Y, et al. 2019. Hybrid artificial neural network, copula and hydrologic uncertainty processor for probabilistic flood forecasting. Vol. 21, EGU 2019-4974-1, 2019.
- Ngongondo, C., Zhou, Y.L., Xu, C-Y, 2019. Non-stationary frequency analysis of extreme Lake Malawi levels. Vol. 21, EGU 2019-5420, 2019.
- Li, H., Xu, C-Y, Borsányi, P., Sælthun, N.R., Braskerud, B.C., Volden, E.P., 2019. Identification of floodways by four approaches, Vol. 21, EGU 2019-7719, 2019.)
- Xu, C-Y: Water Resources Management in a Changing world – Moving from conflict to cooperation, Keynote speech at The 8th International Conference on Water Resources and Environment Research June 14th to 18th, 2019, Hohai University, Nanjing, China.
- Xu, C-Y: Water resources management in a changing world. – Invited lecture at 2019 International Leadership Training Program for Young Professionals in Water Resources Management, 11-17 August, 2019, Vientiane, Laos.
- Xu, C-Y: Climate change and flood risk management. Keynote speech at International Conference on Flood Catastrophes in a Changing Environment. Nanjing, 15-18 November, 2018.
- Xu, C-Y: Water cycle and hydrological modelling: progress and challenges. at UNESCO-IHP Training course, 30/7-5/8-2018, Hohai University.
Reports in the funding scheme
Xu, C-Y, Yanlai Zhou. Progress report 274310 – Advancing frequency analysis of nonstationary hydrological extremes for reducing flood risk in a changing climate. Reporting deadline: 20191001. Received: 20191125. Report to The Research Council of Norway.
- Xiong, F., Guo, S.L., Liu, P., Xu, C-Y, Zhong, Y.X., Yin, J.B., He, S.K., 2019. A general framework of design flood estimation for cascade reservoirs in operation period. Journal of Hydrology https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2019.124003. (JOH-62.pdf)
- Zhang, X.Q., Liu, P., Xu, C-Y, Gong. Y., Cheng, L., He, S.K., 2019. Real-time reservoir flood control operation for cascade reservoirs using a two-stage flood risk analysis method. Journal of Hydrology 577, 123954. (JOH-60.pdf)
- Yan, L., Xiong, L.H., Ruan, G.S., Xu C-Y, Yan, P.T., Liu, P., 2019. Reducing uncertainty of design floods of two-component mixture distributions by utilizing flood timescale to classify flood types in seasonally snow covered region. Journal of Hydrology, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2019.04.056 (JOH-59.pdf)
- Reynolds, J.E., Halldin, S., Seibert, J., Xu C-Y, Grabs, T., 2019. Robustness of flood-model calibration using single and multiple events. Hydrological Sciences Journal, DOI: 10.1080/02626667.2019.1609682. (hsj-13.pdf)
- Jiang, C., Xiong, L.H., Yan, L., Dong, J.F., Xu, C-Y, 2019. Multivariate hydrologic design methods under nonstationary conditions and application to engineering practice. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 23, 1683–1704. (HESS-12.pdf)
- Chen, X.H., Ye, C.Q., Zhang, J.M., Xu, C-Y, Zhang, L.J., Tang, Y.H., 2019. Selection of Optimal Distribution Curve for Non-stationary Flood Series. Atmosphere, doi:10.3390/atmos10010031. (Atmosphere-1.pdf)
- Wang, H.M., Chen, J., Cannon, A.J., Xu, C-Y, Chen, H., 2018. Transferability of climate simulation uncertainty to hydrological climate change impacts. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 22, 3739-3759. (HESS-9.pdf)
- Wang, J., Zhang, X-H, Xu, C-Y, Wang, H., Lei, X-H, Wang, X., Li, S-Y, 2019. Development of load duration curve system in data-scarce watersheds based on a distributed hydrological model. Hydrology Research 50(3), 886-900. (HR-30.pdf)
- Yang, X., Magnusson, J., *Xu C-Y, 2018. Transferability of regionalization methods under changing climate. Journal of Hydrology, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2018.10.030. (JOH-57.pdf)