Study programme taught in English
Find reading lists, lecture times and notes from all courses from the department.
Mauritius is best known as a tropical holiday paradise island in the Indian Ocean, but for an research team led by Professor Trond H. Torsvik it is a piece of a geological puzzle.
Cross disciplinary approaches using both seismic recordings and satellite data of glaciers give new insight into the processes that control dynamic mass loss of glaciers into the sea.
Brand new satellite images, that UiO-scientists have access to and are working on, reveal that heavy rain and mild weather have triggered several landslides at Svalbard recently.
- FLUX tower presentation at Circum-Polar Flux Workshop - PEEX 2017 Feb. 3, 2017
- A new way to map glaciers Dec. 16, 2016
- Italian earthquakes and risk management Dec. 15, 2016
- Lost continent beneth Mauritius gets lots of attention Feb. 2, 2017 10:28 AM
- Expedition Arctic Ocean 2016; Grace Shephard explaining the sediment coring in the Arctic Ocean Oct. 1, 2016 10:46 AM