Study programme taught in English
Find reading lists, lecture times and notes from all courses from the department.
Cross disciplinary approaches using both seismic recordings and satellite data of glaciers give new insight into the processes that control dynamic mass loss of glaciers into the sea.
Brand new satellite images, that UiO-scientists have access to and are working on, reveal that heavy rain and mild weather have triggered several landslides at Svalbard recently.
For 56 mill years ago the climate on Earth changed rapidly and the temperature increased at least 5 degrees. Scientists are now closer to understand the climate change, called PETM, and why it lasted so long.
- A new way to map glaciers Dec. 16, 2016
- Italian earthquakes and risk management Dec. 15, 2016
- Network seminar on Terrestrial vegetation ecological climatology - Presentations Dec. 2, 2016
- Expedition Arctic Ocean 2016; Grace Shephard explaining the sediment coring in the Arctic Ocean Oct. 1, 2016 10:46 AM
- The End of Ice; Exploring a Himalayan glacier Apr. 1, 2016 09:46 AM