Meet us at EGU
Are you going to the EGU meeting and are curious about our research – then come and see us!
Text: Henrik H. Svensen
Researchers from CEED convene a number of sessions and present numerous talks and posters. To give you a couple of examples, here is where to go to hear our Director Trond Torsvik and meet Vice-Director Carmen Gaina:
Trond Torsvik on Pangea formation and break-up, Room B13, Friday 12 April, 08:30-08:45, abstract number EGU2013-2515.
Carmen Gaina on 4D Arctic: Structure and evolution of Arctic crust and mantle based on multi-scale geophysical studies. Poster on Friday 12 April, 15:30-17:00, Blue posters B255, EGU2013-12990.
We are also proud to inform that Susanne Buiter will take over as EGU Division President of Tectonics and Structural Geology. You can meet her during the ‘meet the president’ session at 10:30-11:15 on Tuesday 11 April at the EGU Booth.
If you want to find out more about presentations by CEED people, the following list of convened sessions is a good start.
See you in Vienna!
- The Arctic connection - plate tectonics and mantle dynamics in the North Atlantic, North Pacific and the High Arctic
- Lessons on tectonic processes from the Caledonides
- The evolution of passive continental margins: From rifting to post- break-up processes
- Subduction dynamics from surface to deep mantle
- Recent advances in computational geodynamics
- Materials, evolution and dynamics of the mantle