The Annual CEES Student Conference
Dear all CEES members: We are pleased to invite you to the Annual CEES Conference.
UPDATE: Download the Program (pdf)
The conference will take place at Sundvollen Hotel (Note the change of venue from previous years).
Master and PhD students will, as part of their training, present their research to date. Some Post docs will be asked to do so too.
There will be a short presentation of the different research groups at CEES (Preferably by the group leader).
Please keep in mind that supervisors should assist their students/PhD fellows in preparing their presentations. (Many of the students will not have completed their projects at the time of the conference, and should present their work to date, or plans for future work.)
4 September9 September: Deadline for registration.
- Friday 18 September: Deadline for submission of final title and abstract
- Friday 25 September: Deadline for free of charge cancellation
- Friday 2 October: Deadline for submission of presentation
Speaking time - updated
(NB: Check your allocated time with the final program.)
- Thematic introductions: 5 minutes
- Postdocs: 10 minutes
- PhDs: 10 minutes if you started on your PhD more than 6 months ago/10 or 5 minutes if you started less than 6 months ago
- Master's students: 10 minutes if you have results to present/5 minutes if you just started on your Master's
Free bus to/from Sundvolden Hotel. Departing Blindern from behind Kristine Bonnevie's House, (Prestgårdsveien) at 08:00 the morning Wednesday 14 October and returning from the hotel late afternoon on Thursday 15 October. We will be back at Blindern approx. 15:45.
We will produce a booklet of the submitted titles, abstracts and photos. It will be handed out at the conference. A program with times and talk titles will be put online, but not the abstracts.
All CEES staff and students are invited to a banquet in the evening of Wednesday 14 October. All costs will be covered by CEES (excluding additional bar and room service). Dress code: formal/nice.