The Annual CEES Student Conference: 8-10 June 2021
Dear all CEES members: We are pleased to invite you to the CEES Annual Student Conference 2021. Please register.
Schedule and updates
The conference will take place on Zoom or – if the COVID-19 regulations allow for it – as a hybrid event on Zoom/at Blindern. Supervisors should take an active part in their student's preparations. We ask you to please submit the registration form even if you cannot attend the conference.
Masters and PhD students will, as part of their training, present their research to date and/or plans for future work. Some Postdocs will be asked to do so too. There will be a short presentation of the different research groups at CEES. Participation is strongly mandatory for all CEES members. If you can not access the registration form, or if you are not a member of CEES and still want to participate, please contact the CEES administraton.
- Friday 14 May: Deadline for registration.
- Tuesday 1 June: Deadline for submission of title and abstract. Contact your supervisor before submitting. Scroll down for link for uploading the file.
- Friday 4 June: Deadline for submission of presentation. Scroll down for link for uploading the file.
The time slots are tentative. Check your allocated time with the final program.
- Master students: 10 minutes if you have results to present/5 minutes if you just started on your Master's.
- PhDs: 10 minutes if you started on your PhD more than 6 months ago/10 or 5 minutes if you started less than 6 months ago.
- Postdocs: 10 minutes.
- Thematic introductions: 5 minutes.
We will produce a pdf booklet with the submitted titles, abstracts and portrait photos. The booklet will be made available prior to the conference in the form of a pdf. The booklet will not be printed. The text you submit will be made publicly available. Do not write anything that can not be made publicly available (unpublished data etc.). Confer with your supervisor if necessary.
Abstract with title and photo
If you are giving a talk: Please upload a document (e.g. *.docx) similar to this template. The text you submitt will be made publicly available. Include your name in the name of the file(s). Names of species should be typeset in italics. The abstract should be approximately 1200-2400 characters with spaces. A supervisor should read through the abstract before submitting.
If you are giving a talk: Please upload your presentation as a PowerPoint-file or pdf. Include your name in the title of the file. You don't have to use a particular template, but your name and position at CEES (e.g. "Masters student") should appear on the first slide.