- Tight rocks, shale gas, shale oil
- Nanoscale transport, reactions, and deformation
- Statistical, computational and multi-scale physics
- Friction, fracture, and transport in disordered media
- Granular materials
- Fluid-rock interaction processes
- Magnetic intrusions in sedimentary basins
- Mechano-chemical processes
- Mineralogical CO2-storage
My current teaching activity focuses on revitalizing the teaching of undergraduate science coursees by seamless integration of computational methods in order to give students an early contact with research and industrially relevant problems.
I am working actively to make student learning the focus of my teaching activities, employing for example personal response systems in my lectures, and introducing active teaching methods to my courses.
Higher education and employment history
I have significant experience in the industrialization of research, both from working several years in a high-tech start-up company, and from technical due dilligence evaluations. I have initiated and developed several large scale industrially financed research projects that have resulted in patented technologies.
- HMK Gold Medal for best phd-thesis in sciences, UiO, 1999
- Nansen prize for young researches, The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters, 2001
- Dragly, Svenn-Arne; Mobarhan, Milad; Lepperød, Mikkel Elle; Tennøe, Simen; Fyhn, Marianne; Hafting, Torkel & Malthe-Sørenssen, Anders (2018). Experimental directory structure (Exdir): An alternative to HDF5 without introducing a new file format. Frontiers in Neuroinformatics. ISSN 1662-5196. 12 . doi: 10.3389/fninf.2018.00016
- Dragly, Svenn-Arne; Mobarhan, Milad; Solbrå, Andreas Våvang; Tennøe, Simen; Hafreager, Anders; Malthe-Sørenssen, Anders; Fyhn, Marianne; Hafting, Torkel & Einevoll, Gaute (2017). Neuronify: An educational simulator for neural circuits. eNeuro. ISSN 2373-2822. 4(2:e0022-17.2017), s 1- 13 . doi: 10.1523/ENEURO.0022-17.2017 Full text in Research Archive.
- Hafreager, Anders; Dragly, Svenn-Arne & Malthe-Sørenssen, Anders (2018). Increased productivity with real time atomistic simulations using Atomify. Show summary
- Karlsen, Emil; Zehner, Jennifer Simone; Razbani, Mohammad Amin; Jettestuen, Espen; Malthe-sørenssen, Anders; Wentzel, Alexander; Sikorski, Pawel; Almaas, Eivind & Røyne, Anja (2018). Metabolic modelling, reactive transport modelling, and experimental verification of microbial-induced processes in the production of bio-concrete.
- Sveinsson, Henrik Andersen; Hafreager, Anders; Vashishta, Priya; Malthe-Sørenssen, Anders & Kalia, Rajiv K. (2018). Molecular dynamics simulations of faceting of silicon carbide nanoparticles. Show summary
- Malthe-sørenssen, Anders (2017). Center for Computing in Science Education.
- Malthe-sørenssen, Anders (2017). Dyp digital kompetanse - hvordan sikrer vi at studentene blir kompetente i et internasjonal, digital arbeidsmarked.
- Malthe-sørenssen, Anders (2017). En forskningsnær utdanning ved integrasjon av databeregninger og programmering.
- Malthe-sørenssen, Anders (2017). Integrating computing in undergraduate physics education.
- Malthe-sørenssen, Anders (2017). Integration of computing in physics education.