The cell laboratory is completely equipped for culturing mammalian cells and has instruments for measuring and controlling the oxygen level in the cells' micro environment. Cell irradiation facilities include a 220 kV X-ray machine as well as a cell irradiation set-up and a cell laboratory in connection with Oslo Cyclotron Laboratory for proton irradiation.
Booking and prices
Prices: Contact facility manager
Booking: Contact facility manager
- Cell laboratory with equipment for cell culture (class 2): bio safety cabinets, incubators, shaking incubator for suspension cells etc.
- 220 kV X-ray facility with dedicated cell irradiation set-up
- Cell irradiation set-up and bio safety cabinet with incubator in connection with Oslo Cyclotron Laboratory for proton irradiation
- Advanced dosimetry equipment (ionization chambers, gafchromic film, EPR)
- Hypoxia laboratory with 3 hypoxia chambers and an advanced sensor system for oxygen measurements
- Flow cytometer
- Plate reader
- Liquid scintillation counter
- Confocal microscope
Description of services:
- X-ray and proton irradiation of cell cultures with dosimetry measurements
- Studies of radiation responses
- Studies of effects of hypoxia including measurements of oxygen and metabolic compounds
We study the effect of ionizing radiation on cells, alone or in combination with hypoxia, chemotherapy or immune therapy. We have a focus on differential responses to proton versus X-ray irradiation. In addition, we have a particular interest in the effects of low doses and low dose rates. Various growth parameters (protein metabolism, number of cells, and cell cycle distribution) are studied and we use a number of different molecular biological techniques (western blotting, transfection, flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry).