The Research Council of Norway (RCN) allocates funding for advanced scientific equipment, large-scale research facilities, scientific databases and collections, and electronic infrastructure through its National Financing Initiative for Research Infrastructure.
Current and planned SIOS projects (www.researchinsvalbard.no)
About the project
SIOS-InfraNor will fund a diverse range of items, from new instruments to remote sensing products. The infrastructure funded through SIOS-InfraNor will be integrated into the observational network of SIOS and will benefit the entire SIOS community.
The project period is 10 years (2018-2027)
SIOS InfraNor project is funded by Research Council of Norway and Norwegian Space Centre.
- Geological Survey of Norway
- Institute of Marine Research
- Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center
- Norut Northern Research Institute
- Norwegian Institute for Air Research
- Norwegian Institute for Nature Research
- Norwegian Institute for Water Research
- Norwegian Meteorological Institute
- Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate
- The Norwegian Polar Institute
- The University Centre in Svalbard
- UiT The Arctic University of Norway
- University of Bergen
- University of Oslo