Partner institutions, network and affiliated projects
The following institutions jointly developed the project and are EMERALD partners:
- Department of Geosciences, University of Oslo (holder of the project)
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo
- Department of Biosciences, University of Oslo
- NORCE Norwegian Research Centre AS
- Department of Biological Sciences, University of Bergen
- Norwegian Institute for Nature Research – NINA
- Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research – NIBIO
- Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate – NVE
- The Norwegian Meteorological Institute - MET Norway
- Norwegian Institute for Air Research – NILU
- NCAR Mesa Laboratory
Network and affiliated projects
In line with the call from the KLIMAFORSK program funding EMERALD the project will integrate existing activities among partners and provide added value through critical mass and more effective cooperation with existing and new affiliated projects. Thus EMERALD can be viewed as a research network in addition to a project with its own objectives and work program. This list below of existing and some key previous projects is updated when new projects are granted funding.
- MC2. PI: Trude Storelvmo
- COMTESSA: Camera Observation and Modelling of 4D Tracer Dispersion in the Atmosphere, European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement. PI: Cassiani
Other European funding
- Nunataryuk, H2020, PI: Westermann
- CCI Permafrost, ESA, PI: Westermann
Research Council of Norway funding
- BalanC: Quantifying impacts to carbon cycling and albedo to spruce aff-/reforestation in southern coastal Norway. PI: Kjønaas, Bright.
- ExperTS: Experiments, Traits, Synthesis: Using knowledge from global ecological experiments to validate, assess, and improve trait-based theory. Norwegian Research Council INTPART Project. PI: Vandvik, Enquist
- FEEDBACK: RCN. PI: Lee
- FunCaB: The role of Functional group interactions in mediating climate change impacts on the Carbon dynamics and Biodiversity of alpine ecosystems. Norwegian Research Council KLIMAFORSK project. PI: Vandvik
- HiddenCosts: Hidden costs of implementing afforestation as a climate mitigation strategy: A comprehensive assessment of direct and indirect impacts. Norwegian Research Council KLIMAFORSK Project. PI: Lee
- ICOS-Norway (Hurdal): Measuring and monitoring of land-atmosphere mass and energy exchange in a mature conifer forest. PI: Lange, Bright.
- IMPRINT: Quantifying historical and future impacts of land use/management on surface energy and water budgets in Norway. PI: Eisner, Bright
- INCLINE: Indirect climate change impacts on alpine plant communities. Norwegian Research Council FRIMEDBIO Project. PI: Vandvik, Töpper
- LandPress: Land use management to ensure ecosystem service delivery under new societal and environmental pressures in heathlands. Norwegian Research Council MILJØFORSK project. PI: Vandvik, Velle
- OzoNorClim: “The double punch: ozone and climate stresses on vegetation” funded by Miljøforsk at RCN. PI: Vollsnes
- Permanor: RCN. PI: Westermann
- RECITE: Research and Education Partnership in Climate Change Impacts on Terrestrial Ecosystems. Norwegian Research Council INTPART Project. PI: Vandvik
- SEEDCLIM: The role of seeds in a changing climate - linking germination ecophysiology to population and community ecology. Norwegian Research Council NORKLIMA Project. PI: Vandvik
- TerraBGP: Quantifying the impact of Fennoscandic forest management on surface energy and water budgets. PI: Bright.
- Three-D: Integrated assessment to aid mitigation of negative impacts by THREE global change Drivers on alpine biodiversity and ecosystem function. Norwegian Research Council MILJØFORSK Project. PI: Halbritter, Vandvik
- VANWHITE: RCN. NINA Tromsø
- WINTERPROOF: RCN. PI: Parmentier
- ESCYMO, Klimaforsk, PI: Schuler
- LATICE: Land–Atmosphere Interactions in Cold Environments, Strategic Research Initiative in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, University of Oslo. PI: Tallaksen, Stordal
- ACCE: Doctoral training partnership. Natural Environment Research Council, UK. NINA Tromsø.
- WICLAP: first financed by the EEA Poland-Norway grant. Monitoring activity financed by Svalbards miljøvernfond and SIOS. NINA Tromsø.
- WinterGrazing: Monitoring programme. Financed by Landbruksdirektoratet. NINA Tromsø.
The network on a map
See our connected institutions, field sites and more at this EMERALD Google Drive.