- High speed interconnects
- Software engineering aspects of developing complex systems
- Network aspect of multimedia communication
- Programming models for distributed shared memory
- Distributed shared memory architectures
- Scalable internet information systems
I am involved in teaching these topics in addition to supervising master students:
Master Thesis with me as supervisor
You can find more details of what types of master theses I can supervise here.
Open source activities
A long term interest for me has been virtualization and QEMU . I have been following QEMU development for a number of years and also done some development. I also have some other open source projects, or to become such, that I am working on, such as KTF (Kernel Test Framework), a unit test framework for the linux kernel. You can find the documentation here. I am also involved in various aspect of development of the Linux kernel. I keep a recent copy of a nicely formatted documentation for it here. You can find my personal Github page with KTF here.
Higher education and employment history
- Dr.Scient (Ph.D) from this department (1998)
- 1.amanuensis-II from 1998 to present.
- Technical Lead in Energima Energy Platform AS, part of Energima from 2020.
Prior to my current role I have had my main employment in the software industry for many years:
- Oracle (2016-2020): part of Linux kernel & virtualization development team in Oracle. This team is responsible for Oracle's RedHat compatible Linux distribution Oracle Linux.
- Oracle (2010-2016) lead developer for the Linux driver for a new Infiniband Host Channel Adapter (HCA), and a number of tools to support testing and development of both software and hardware in this project.
- Paradial (2006-2010) developed solutions for NAT and firewall traversal for realtime applications. The company was acquired by Logitech in 2010.
- Fast Search and Transfer (2001-2006) developed innovative search engine technology and competed with Google in the early days of web search, but later on focused on the enterprise market with tailored search solutions for businesses and large organizations. The company was acquired by Microsoft in 2007.
- Scali (1998-2001) developed high performance cluster software. Scali was later acquired by Platform Computing.
- During my Ph.D. I was involved with and did work for Dolphin Interconnect Solutions and as part of that I spent an exciting time with Sun Microsystems in Menlo Park California during the dot com boom.