I'm interested in the field of Information Systems, and particularly design and innovation within generic enterprise software projects.
As part of my current research focus, I lead a project at the University of Oslo, the DHIS2 design lab where we conduct collaborative practice research to understand and conceptualize the context of enterprise software implementation as an arena for design and innovation, and how this may be facilitated and promoted by vendors with technical and organizational resources.
I am also supervising several master students that take part in the design lab, and lecturing and coordinating courses on the topic of Information Systems at the University of Oslo.
Main lecturer and course coordinator
- IN5320 - Development in Platform Ecosystems (2018, 2019, 2020)
- IN5000 - Qualitative Research Methods (2020, 2021)
- IN2150 – IT i organisasjoner (2020, 2021)
- IN5210 – Information Systems (2019, 2020)
I've also been engaged as a seminar teacher and/or lecturer in the following courses
- INF3290 - Store og komplekse informasjonssystemer (2017)
- INF1510/IN1060 - Bruksorientert design (2015, 2016, 2017)
- INF1500/IN1050 - Introduksjon til design, bruk, interaksjon (2014, 2015, 2016)
I am currently supervising the following master students:
- Mats Blakstad
- Anders Brustad
- Hanna Kongshem
- Bendik Kroken
- Sigvart Jensen
- Jacob Ommundsen
- Maja Thomassen
- Gwendolyn Borchsenius
- Nina Sofie Justnæs
The following master students have graduated under my supervision
- Fredrik Glendrange (2020)
- Kristine Jevne Berge (2020)
- Rebekka Heggebø (2020)
- Magnus Biong Nordin (2019)
I'm currently, or have been involved as co-supervisor for the following master students
- Steven Hoang Giang Nguyen
- Thao Thi Tran
- Anastasia Bengtsson
- Håkon André Heskja
- Terje Uglebakken (graduated 2020)
I'm also part of coordinating and supervising the undergraduate student research program at the Department of Informatics.
- Li, Magnus (2019). An Approach to Addressing the Usability and Local Relevance of Generic Enterprise Software. IRIS Selected Papers of the Information Systems Research Seminar in Scandinavia. ISSN 1891-9863. 10
- Li, Magnus (2019). Usability Problems and Obstacles to Addressing Them in Health Information Software Implementations, In Petter Nielsen & Honest C. Kimaro (ed.), Information and Communication Technologies for Development: Strengthening Southern-Driven Cooperation as a Catalyst for ICT4D. 15th IFIP WG 9.4 International Conference on Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries, ICT4D 2019, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, May 1–3, 2019, Proceedings, Part I. Springer Nature. ISBN 9783030183998. KAPITTEL. s 241 - 252 Show summary
- Li, Magnus & Nielsen, Petter (2019). Making Usable Generic Software. A Matter of Global or Local Design?, In Samuli Pekkola; Henri Pirkkalainen; Pasi Hellsten & Ilona Ilvonen (ed.), Proceedings of the 10th Scandinavian Conference on Information Systems (SCIS2019). Association for Information Systems (AIS). ISBN 978-0-578-53212-7. 8.
- Li, Magnus (2019). Making Usable Generic Software - The Platform Appliances Approach.
- Li, Magnus (2019). Usability Problems and Obstacles to Addressing Them in Health Information Software Implementations.
- Li, Magnus & Nielsen, Petter (2019). Design Infrastructures in Global Software Platform Ecosystems.
- Li, Magnus; Nielsen, Petter & Sæbø, Johan Ivar (2018). Mediators to Advocate and Facilitate End-User Participation in Digital Innovation.