- Generally you will find all courses offered in English at our department in this list The list may be sorted for individual semesters.
- Note the following: All our beginners classes are given in Norwegian. This means that you will need to have some prerequisites to be able to follow the courses given in English in our department.
- A course usually has a credit value between 5 and 20 credits. A full-time students take courses worth 30 credits per semester. Courses are level numbered.
- The course description will always list recommended prior knowledge. This is a list of what the lecturer will expect you to know before you attend the course.
- To be able to follow our master courses you will need a bachelor degree or equivalent in the subject you want to study:
- Please note that courses may exist on two different levels. Here is an example: INF3151 Operating systems / INF4151 Operating systems. The difference between the two courses is that the 3xxx-course may be used in a bachelordegree, the 4xxx-course may be used in a masters degree.The two courses covers the same curriculum, however please note that they have a different examination/assesment.
Information for exchange students
Choosing courses and understanding course codes at the Department of Informatics
Published Jan. 23, 2011 8:40 PM - Last modified Apr. 18, 2013 3:22 PM