Florian Klaus Diekert
I am a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Oslo. I'm affiliated with NorMER and CEES (Department of Biology), and the Department of Economics. My work centers around humans and their inter-relations with the social and natural environment under a changing climate.
More specifically, I intend to follow two main questions/approaches within NorMER. First, I ask how the potential threat of catastrophic shifts in the resilience of natural resources influences the strategic interaction between non-cooperative agents. Second, I ask how investment in fleet capacity is influenced by variations in the natural resource stock. In particular, I want to investigate how investment behavior is directly affected by the prospects of future profits and by the expected variation of future profits as well as indirectly through the endogenous formation of preferences such as the attitude towards risk and uncertainty.
I was born in Hamburg and grew up in Tuebingen. I studied International Relations in Dresden and Economics in Oslo. In October 2011, I completed my PhD in Economics under the supervision of Kjell Arne Brekke and Nils Christian Stenseth.
Link to my UiO website (links to articles and more)
- Diekert, Florian Klaus (2017). Threatening thresholds? The effect of disastrous regime shifts on the non-cooperative use of environmental goods and services. Journal of Public Economics. ISSN 0047-2727. 147, s 30- 49 . doi: 10.1016/j.jpubeco.2017.01.004
- Diekert, Florian Klaus & Nieminen, Emmi (2017). International Fisheries Agreements with a Shifting Stock. Dynamic Games and Applications. ISSN 2153-0785. 7(2), s 185- 211 . doi: 10.1007/s13235-016-0184-4
- Diekert, Florian Klaus & Schweder, Tore (2017). Disentangling Effects of Policy Reform and Environmental Changes in the Norwegian Coastal Fishery for Cod. Land Economics. ISSN 0023-7639. 93(4), s 689- 709 . doi: 10.3368/le.93.4.689 Full text in Research Archive.
- Richter, Andries Peter; Eikeset, Anne Maria; Van Soest, Daan; Diekert, Florian Klaus & Stenseth, Nils Christian (2017). Optimal management under institutional constraints: determining a total allowable catch for different fleet segments in the Northeast Arctic cod fishery. Environmental and Resource Economics. ISSN 0924-6460. 69(4), s 811- 835 . doi: 10.1007/s10640-016-0106-3
- Diekert, Florian Klaus; Eikeset, Anne Maria; Romagnoni, Giovanni & Lindroos, Marko (2017). Population specific vs undifferentiated management of North Sea cod: A bioeconomic analysis of population specific vs undifferentiated management in a changing climate: North Sea cod as a case study.
- Diekert, Florian Klaus; Nøstbakken, Linda & Richter, Andries Peter (2017). Why do fishermen comply with regulations?.
- Diekert, Florian Klaus; Nøstbakken, Linda & Richter, Andries Peter (2017). Why do fishermen comply with regulations? The role of preferences.
- Diekert, Florian Klaus; Nøstbakken, Linda; Richter, Andries Peter & Li, Yuanhao (2017). Behavioural determinants of compliance decisions in Norwegian fisheries.
- Diekert, Florian Klaus; Nøstbakken, Linda; Richter, Andries Peter & Li, Yuanhao (2017). Behavioural determinants of investment and compliance decisions in Norwegian fisheries.
- Li, Yuanhao; Nøstbakken, Linda; Diekert, Florian Klaus & Richter, Andries Peter (2017). Behavioral drivers of investments in catch-share managed fisheries.