Sverre Arne Sande
My primary field of interest is pharmaceutics, i.e. how the active substance is combined with excipients into a complete drug delivery system with optimal properties. For the last 10 years I have focused on controlled release of drugs to specific sites in the gastro-intestinal tract.
Another field of interest is experimental design and –evaluation, as well as mathematical modeling in general. My Ph.D.-thesis dealt with in vitro-in vivo correlation of release from enteric coated tablets.
- FRM5510 - Statistical experimental design for industrial pharmaceutical development
- FRM5520 - Advanced Drug Formulation, Production and Quality Control
Higher education and employment history
- 2001 Professor in Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics)
- 1990 Associate professor at the School of Pharmacy
- 1989 Ph.D.
- 1989 Stipendiat, FOSFOR
- 1983 Research fellow, School of Pharmacy
- 1981 Cand.pharm.
- Head of Section for Pharmaceutics and Social Pharmacy