The Department of Geosciences, University of Oslo has extensive cooperation nationally and internationally with companies, research institutes and other universities both in research and teaching.
The Department of Geosciences has a long standing tradition established in collaborating with industrial partners.The department is a part of an excellent international academic network with collaboration with colleagues at universities and institutions around the world. This gives rise to shorter and longer research projects and study related visits from abroad as well as it give our researchers and students the possibility to visit our partner institutions.
Our research is mainly funded by sources outside the University of Oslo, such as project support from the Research Council of Norway, the EC, industrial partners, but also other actors.
The Department of Geosciences is a partner or part of centres with extensive cooperation with various actors from the public and private sector. We would like to highlight these research collaborations:
- CEED – Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics, a SFF at Dept of Geosciences
- NCCS – Industry Driven Innovation for Fast Track CCS Deployment, FME
- CBA – Centre for Biogeochemistry in the Anthropocene, UiO; MN centres
- NJORD – Centre for Studies of the Physics of the Earth, UiO; MN centres
- CIENS – Oslo Centre for Interdisciplinary Environmental and Social Research
- The Nansen Legacy / Arven etter Nansen, a National Norwegian Arctic research project
Previous collaborations and centres
We have participated in a various research centres and intitiatives that have now been completed. Among these are:
- Subsurface CO2 Storage (SUCCESS), FME (2010-18)
- Stability and Variations of Arctic Land Ice (SVALI), NCoE (2011-16)
- International Centre for Geohazards (ICG), SFF (2003-12)
- Physics of Geological Processes (PGP), SFF (2002-12)