Internal pages for the emloyees of the Hylleraas Centre
The official Hylleraas logo's, backgrounds and templates can be found here.
To get access to our project nn4654k on the NOTUR machines you need to
- Fill out the user application form, with NOTUR project number nn4654k and project manager Trygve Helgaker. Specify which resources (Abel, Stallo, Fram, etc.) you need access to, and for how long (stipulated).
- Email Simen Reine to specify which PI you work with/for, which resources you need access to, and for how long
Access will be granted once one of the three administrators of nn4654k (Simen, Trygve or Bjørn-Olav) and NOTUR/Sigma2 have verified your request, typically within one working day. If things delay, please do not hesitate to contact Simen.
Send an email to Simen Reine, with the same information as above, if you need and extension or access to additional resources within NOTUR.
Note that any usage of the project resources is limited to work by, and collaborative work with, members of the Hylleraas Centre.
Any publication should thus include at least one person with a Hylleraas Centre address, either
- Department of Chemistry, Hylleraas Centre for Quantum Molecular Sciences, University of Oslo, P.O. Box 1033, N-1315 Blindern, Norway.
- Department of Chemistry, Hylleraas Centre for Quantum Molecular Sciences, University of Tromsø—The Arctic University of Norway, N-9037 Tromsø, Norway
Fruthermore, the work should acknowledge the use of the NOTUR resources, for example by
- This work has received support from the Norwegian Supercomputing Program (NOTUR) through a grant of computer time (Grant No. NN4654K).
Also note that it is your responsibility to read and follow up on emails from NOTUR/Sigma. This includes changing your password on request (once a year), and to extend the project access by contacting Simen in due time with specifications of who you work with, why you need an extension, and for which resources and for how long.
The Hylleraas Seminar
The Hylleraas Seminars alternate between Oslo and Tromsø Fridays 13:15-14. The seminars are broadcasted to the other nodes, and it is possible to follow the seminars externally upon request. Simen Reine (Oslo) and Michal Repisky (Tromsø) are responsible for the seminars. Talks are either 20 minutes or 40 minutes long, with 5 minutes for questions. Current and earlier schedules are found below
Oslo has a videoconference system in room V205. It is easy to connect this system to other videoconference rooms, by dialing directly to their IP adress. Connecting to other (non-videoconference) equipment, however, requires specialized software. Currently we use Videobro as a bridge for this connection. In Videobro we have created a room called Hylleraas Seminar, that both Oslo and Tromsø can hook into:
- Oslo - dial firstname.lastname@example.org from the control panel in V205 to connect to Videobro (option for this in the adress book). Here are some technical tweaks for V205.
- Tromsø - connect via Skype for Business, using email@example.com
- External - use bit.ly/hylleraas-seminar in a Chrome, Opera or Firefox browser, or connect via Skype for Business, using firstname.lastname@example.org
Full list of options can be be found here.
Presentations are recorded using the WebRTC link, bit.ly/hylleraas-seminar, in combination with Techsmith Relay. This solution is temporary, and we are trying to find a solution with a neater screen setup and with better resolution.