I am a mycologist with a special interest in ectomycorrhiza, a symbiosis between plants and fungi at root level. During my PhD, I hope to find out more about the putative functions of ectomycorrhizal species using both experimental setups and field studies.
- BIO1000 - Elementary biology: I will be teaching laboratory exercises in mycology and botany
- BIO1200 - Biodiversity: I will be teaching at the field courses in alpine and lowland mycology
I did both my BS (2012) and MSc degree (2014) at the University of Oslo. During my master I looked at the fine-scale spatial structure of the root associated fungi of the ectomycorrhiza-forming plant Bistorta vivipara. After my masters I worked a few months as a research assistant, working with fungal cultures and extracting DNA from soil samples, before I started my PhD in February 2015.
- Tonjer, Lea-Rebekka; Thoen, Ella & Bryn, Anders (2018). Uten soppen når ikke skogen toppen. Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.). ISSN 0804-3116. s 12- 13
- Tonjer, Lea-Rebekka; Thoen, Ella; Morgado, Luis Neves; Mundra, Sunil; Nybakken, Line; Bryn, Anders & Kauserud, Håvard (2018). Changes in the soil fungal community across the mountain birch tree line ecotone.
- Vik, Unni; Pérez-Izquierdo, Leticia; Thoen, Ella & Clemmensen, Karina E. (2018). Fungal communities in a changing climate.