Folmer Bokma paints a grim picture of the threats to biodiversity, but the news is not all bad. The researchers have also studied the effect of conservation initiatives, and the conclusion is clear: these have a large and significant effect!
Research units at IBV
- Aquatic Biology and Toxicology (AQUA)
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Genetics and Evolutionary Biology (EVOGENE)
- Section for Physiology and Cell Biology (FYSCELL)
The research at the Department of Biosciences spans from the global systems to the smallest molecule in the body. The research develop the understanding of processes in nature. This understanding is important for policy makers regarding climate and environmetal issues, to the development of better medicines and health services.