Killer whales along the Norwegian coast have long classified as fish-eaters. New research shows that some of them also eat seals - and accumulate large amounts of harmful pollutants.
Research units at IBV
- Aquatic Biology and Toxicology (AQUA)
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Genetics and Evolutionary Biology (EVOGENE)
- Section for Physiology and Cell Biology (FYSCELL)
The research at the Department of Biosciences spans from the global systems to the smallest molecule in the body. The research develop the understanding of processes in nature. This understanding is important for policy makers regarding climate and environmetal issues, to the development of better medicines and health services.