Roza Berhanu Lemma
I have a broad range of academic interests including molecular biology, bioinformatics, several omics studies, structural biology, phylogenetics and so on. I have an increasing interest in my current field of study, which is transcriptional regulation and post translational modification, particularly SUMOylation. I have always been highly interested in interdisciplinary field of research and my current position is a great opportunity to entertain my long held interest. In my study I combine both molecular biological techniques (wet lab approach) as well as several bioinformatic analyses (dry lab approaches). Some of the bioinformatics approaches that I frequently use include
- Genome wide analyses
- Analysis of transcriptomic data (RNAseq)
- Analysis of epigenomic data (ATACseq, ChIPseq)
- 3D-structure prediction of proteins
- Integration of protein structural information and evolutionary sequence conservation for identifying functionally important residues
- Sequence evolutionary conservation and phylogeny
I have a B.Sc in Biology (Genetics and Molecular biology) from Ambo University in Ethiopia and an M.Sc in Biotechnology from Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia. I have a second masters degree in Molecular Biosciences with a project in Applied and structural bioinformatics that I obtained from department of Biosciences at the University of Oslo.
- Rodriguez- Castañeda, Fernando; Lemma, Roza Berhanu; Cuervo Torre, Ignacio; Bengtsen, Mads; Moen, Lisa Marie; Ledsaak, Marit; Eskeland, Ragnhild & Gabrielsen, Odd Stokke (2018). The SUMO protease SENP1 and the chromatin remodeller CHD3 interact and jointly affect chromatin accessibility and gene expression. Journal of Biological Chemistry. ISSN 0021-9258. 293(40), s 15439- 15454 . doi: 10.1074/jbc.RA118.002844 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Fuglerud, Bettina Maria; Lemma, Roza Berhanu; Wanichawan, Pimthanya; Sundaram, Arvind; Eskeland, Ragnhild & Gabrielsen, Odd Stokke (2017). A c-Myb mutant causes deregulated differentiation due to impaired histone binding and abrogated pioneer factor function. Nucleic Acids Research. ISSN 0305-1048. 45(13), s 7681- 7696 . doi: 10.1093/nar/gkx364 Full text in Research Archive.
- Fan, Qiong; Nørgaard, Rikke Christine; Grytten, Ivar; Ness, Cecilie Maria; Lucas, Christin; Vekterud, Kristin; Södling, Helen; Matthews, Jason; Lemma, Roza Berhanu; Gabrielsen, Odd Stokke; Bindesbøll, Christian; Ulven, Stine Marie; Nebb, Hilde Irene; Grønning-Wang, Line Mariann & Sæther, Thomas (2019). LXRα interacts with the glucose-sensing transcription factor ChREBPα to regulate its transcriptional activity.. Show summary
- Fan, Qiong; Nørgaard, Rikke Christine; Grytten, Ivar; Ulven, Stine Marie; Lucas, Christin; Bindesbøll, Christian; Lemma, Roza Berhanu; Gabrielsen, Odd Stokke; Grønning-Wang, Line Mariann; Nebb, Hilde Irene & Sæther, Thomas (2018). LXRα interacts with the glucose-sensing transcription factor ChREBPα and increases its transcriptional activity.