Andreas Austeng: PhD students
Active PhD students
- Håvard Kjellmo Arnestad
- Gabor Gereb
- Ole Jacob Lorentzen, Synthetic Aperture Sonar Interferometry in Rough Seafloor Bathymetry. Main supervisor Roy Edgar Hansen. Co-supervisors Torstein Olsmo Sæbø (FFI), Alan Hunter (Ifi/Univ. of Bath, UK).
- Børge Solli Andreassen, Image Fusion for Guiding Cardiac Intervention using Deep Learning. Main supervisor Eigil Samset. Co-supervisors Anne Solberg, Olivier Gerard (GE Vingmed Ultrasound). Project is part of INIUS.
- Stine Myhre Hverven, Ultrasound imaging for improved segmentation. Co-supervisor Roy Edgar Hansen. Project financed by MEDIMA.
- Jo Inge Buskenes, High resolution beamforming on parallel hardware with application to ultrasound and sonar. Co-supervisor Sverre Holm.
Completed PhD theses
- Stig Asle Vaksvik Synnes, Ultra Wideband Synthetic Aperture Sonar. Main supervisor is Roy Edgar Hansen.
- Antoine Blachet, Improved mapping rate in seabed mapping with sonar. Main supervisor, Roy Edgar Hansen. Co-supervisors Fabrice Prieur, Alan Hunter (Univ. of Bath, UK), and Frank Ticky (Kongsberg Maritime). Project financed by CIUS.
- Tor Inge Birkenes Lønmo, PhD, March 2020, Adaptive Beamforming and Autocalibration for Swath Sonars. Co-supervisors Frank Ticky (Kongsberg Maritime) and Roy Edgar Hansen. Industrial PhD financed by Kongsberg Maritime and RCN.
- Ole Marius Hoel Rindal, PhD, Nov 2019, Software Beamforming in Medical Ultrasound Imaging - a blessing and a curse. Co-supervisor Anne Solberg.
- Elsa Cecconello, PhD, Oct 2019, Modelling and removal of time-varying sea-surface and overburden effects in multi-component data. Main supervisor Walter Söllner (PGS). Co-supervisors Anthony Day (PGS), Morten W. Pedersen (PGS), Endrias G. Asgedom (PGS), and Roy Edgar Hansen. Industrial PhD financed by PGS and RCN.
- Knut Landmark, PhD, March 2016, Machine learning and image processing methods for acoustic seafloor mapping and classification. Co-supervisors Anne Schistad Solberg and Roy Edgar Hansen. Project Acoustic Image formation and interpretation.
- Endriasa Getashew Asgedom, PhD, Des 2012, On the use of super-resolution algorithms in seismics: applications within diffraction separation and imaging. Co-supervisors Leiv Johan Gelius and Sverre Holm.
- Fabrice Prieur, PhD, Oct 2012, Nonlinear propagation of ultrasonic signals. Theoretical studies and potential applications. Co-supervisor Sverre Holm, project High resolution imaging and beamforming.
- Ann Elisabet Albright Blomberg, PhD, Feb 2012, Adaptive Beamforming for Active Sonar Imaging. Co-supervisors Sverre Holm and Roy Edgar Hansen, project High resolution imaging and beamforming.
- Carl-Inge Nilsen, PhD, Aug 2010, Beamformers with Applications in Medical Ultrasound imaging. Co-supervisor Sverre Holm.
- Johan-Fredrik Synnevåg, PhD, March 2009, Adaptive beamforming for medical ultrasound Imaging. Co-supervisor Sverre Holm.
- Jan Egil Kirkebø, PhD, September 2008, Selected problems in spatial signal processing. Co-supervised with Sverre Holm and Nils Christophersen.
Published Mar. 14, 2011 8:53 AM - Last modified Nov. 21, 2021 6:10 PM