Athanasios Eleftherios Chatzitakis
I am currently working on solar-based water splitting and hydrogen production from a novel hybrid photoelectrochemical (PEC) cell which utilizes engineered hydrogenases as biocatalysts.
My role within the PH2BioCat project is the fabrication and characterization of nanoscale TiO2-based photo-anodes for efficient light harvesting and water splitting, under UV and visible irradiation.
- Photoelectrochemistry of Semiconductors/Photoelectrochemical Solar Cells.
- Photoelectrocatalytic and Photocatalytic Hydrogen Production via Water Splitting.
- Defects in Semiconducting Photoanodes
- Heterogeneous and Homogeneous Photocatalysis.
- Solar Detoxification and Disinfection of Wastewaters and Drinking Water.
- Environmental Photochemistry.
- Postdoc, Department of Chemistry, UiO, since 01/2015
- Postdoc, Department of Chemistry, A.U.Th., Hellas, 2014
- Ph.D in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, A.U.Th., Hellas, 2013
- M.Sc. in Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry of Materials, Department of Chemistry, A.U.Th., Hellas, 2008
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, A.U.Th., Hellas, 2005