- Soft matter and biomaterials based on polymers, colloids, surfactants, peptides and proteins.
- Thermodynamics and structure of self-assembled nanosystems
- Rapid kinetics and dynamics: transitions, nucleation and molecular transport.
- Surface activity: structure, absorption and interactions with bio-membranes (cells).
- Nanomedicine: encapsulation and release in polymer- or peptide-based nano carriers
- Hydrogels: rhelogy vs. microscopic dynamics,
- Neutron- and synchrotron-based techniques.
- Small-angle neutron and X-ray scattering (SANS/SAXS) and theoretical modelling
- Structural characterization of surfaces (reflectivity and grazing-incidence diffraction)
- Dynamics: inelastic neutron scattering, neutron spin-echo spectroscopy.
- Light scattering and rheology
KJM 1130, KJM- 5555/9555, KJM-MENA 3300, KJM-MENA-4010, KJM- 5550
- PhD Forschungszentrum Julich/Universität Munster (Germany) 2004
- Post Doc. Forschungszentrum Julich (Germany) 2004-2006.
- Guest researcher, University of Oxford (UK) 2004
- Post. Doc. Centre for Materials Physics (CSIC)/University of the Basque Country (Spain) 2006-2011
- Post. Doc. University of California, Berkeley (USA) 2011-2012
- Coordinator of the “Soft and biological materials” Network within the Nordic Neutron Science (NNSP) NordForsk Programme.
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Joint Nordic Neutron Science Programme of NordForsk.
- Project coordinator at UiO for the InterReg EU-funded project "ESS & MAX IV: Cross border Science and Society".
- Member of the Advisory Board for evaluation of proposals for the Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Research Center (FRM II) in Garching (Munich), Germany.
- Co-chair of the Norwegian Neutron Scattering Association (NoNSA)
- Responsible for the SAXS instrumentiation at the national RECX lab.
- 2. vara representantative of the Faculty Board of the MN-Faculty
- Dr. Lutz Willner Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany
- Prof. Håvard Jenssen, Roskilde University, Denmark.
- Prof. Marite Cárdenas, Malmø University, Sweden.
- Prof. He Dong, Clarksson University, US
- Prof. Christophe Tribet, Ecole Normal Supérieur (ENS), Paris, France
- Prof. Jan Skov Pedersen, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Dr. Theyencheri Narayanan, ESRF, Grenoble, France
- Dr. Vitaliy Pipich, JCNS/MLZ, Munich, Germany