Services and prices
Protein expression and purification
We have facilities for large-scale expression of recombinant proteins and access to several ÄKTA FPLC systems for protein purification.
Crystal screening and plate imaging
Our facilities have two robots for high-throughput crystal screening (Oryx 4 and Mosquito) and three crystallization hotels/imagers (Formulatrix RI-182, with capacity for 182 plates each) placed in temperature-controlled environments. Results can be accessed remotely in real-time though the RockMaker Web interface.
X-ray data collection
In-house X-ray diffraction data collection is possible with our Rigaku MacroMax 007 HF single crystal X-ray diffractometer. We also have regular access to leading international synchrotron radiation facilities such as ESRF (Grenoble), MAX IV (Lund) and DESY (Hamburg).
In addition, we offer services regarding protein crystal spectroscopy, processing of diffraction data and modeling upon request.
State-of-the-art hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometer (HDX-MS, Waters-Synapt G2 Si): Mapping protein folding, conformational changes, protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions.
Biophysical characterization of proteins and protein interactions
A wide range of instruments for characterization of proteins is available at the Department of Medical Biochemistry, Oslo University Hospital. Our equipment includes:
- Microscale thermophoresis instruments (Monolith NT.LabelFree system and NT.115 system for labelled proteins): Quantitative analysis of protein-ligand interactions.
- Isothermal titration calorimeter (MicroCal iTC-200 micro-ITC): Quantitative analysis of protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions.
- Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) instrument (GE Biocore S200): Measurement of binding kinetics of protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions.
- Nano-differential scanning fluorimetry (nanoDSF) instrument (Nanotemper, Prometheus NT.48): Determination of thermal and chemical stability of proteins.
- Dynamic light scattering (DLS) system (Malvern Zetasizer Nano-ZS): Measurement of particle size and dispersity of protein solutions.
- SEC-MALS (Malvern Viskotek) : Determination of molecular weight of proteins during size-exclusion chromatography.
Small-angle X-ray scattering data can be collected with our Bruker Nanostar SAXS optimized for weak solution scattering, which is part of the RECX instrument park at the Department of Chemistry.
Neutron data collection
PX-Oslo has regular access to world-leading neutron scattering facilities such as the Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL, Grenoble) and the ISIS Neutron and Muon Source (UK).
We have three different price systems:
- Leiested: Price to access multiple instruments in our facilities, as yearly abonnement or for a full lab space
- Individual prices, Internal: Prices for using individual equipment. Applies to academic users affiliated to the University of Oslo and the Oslo University hospital (OUS)
- Individual prices, External: Use of individual equipment by external users, including industry
- A first consultation is free of charge.
We are open and happy to collaborate! Please contact us for special prices.
Prices listed below are effective as of 11/5/2020
|Abo, Light||Abo, Medium||Abo, Heavy||Full costs per lab space||Location*|
|33.4 KNOK||SAXS-KI (RECX)|
|non-NFR (external projects)||
This list will be completed shortly.
*KI (Department of Chemistry, UiO), NCMM (Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway), IBV (Department of Biosciences, UiO)
|Service||Price (Internal)||Price (External)||Location|
|Crystallization screens||350 NOK/screen||1000 NOK/screen||KI, OUS|
|Instrument time, X-ray diffractometer or protein crystal spectroscopy||250 NOK/hour||600 NOK/hour||KI, IBV|
|Instrument time, microscope and liquid nitrogen||50 NOK/hour||150 NOK/hour||KI|
|Instrument time, cryo-stream||150 NOK/hour||450 NOK/hour||KI|
|Technical support and training of users for instruments for ITC, MST, SPR/Biacore, MALS, DLS, FPLC, TFA/DSF||500 NOK/hour||1000 NOK/hour||OUS|
|Unsupervised use of instruments for ITC, MST, SPR/Biacore, MALS, DLS, FPLC, TFA/DSF||200 NOK/hour||500 NOK/hour||OUS|
|Sample handling, characterization, synchrotron data collection, data processing, structural modeling, structural analysis and preparation of material for publication**||500 NOK/hour||1500 NOK/hour||KI, OUS|
|Consultation||500 NOK/hour||1500 NOK/hour||KI, OUS, IBV, NCMM|
**For HDX-MS services and prices, please contact group leader Nikolina Sekulic.
Protein crystal spectroscopy services are offered by Hersleth group. For more details contact group leader Hans-Petter Hersleth.