Relevant courses for students on Bachelor, Master and PhD level in Bioinformatics.
Bachelor courses at UiO involving SBI
IN1000 – Introduction to Object-oriented Programming (10 credits, full semester)
- IN1900 – Introduction to Programming with Scientific Applications (10 credits, full semester)
- BIOS1100 – Introduction to Computational Modelling in the Biosciences (10 credits, full semester)
- BIOS3010 – Bioinformatics (10 credits, full semester)
Relevant Master's courses at UiO (co)taught with SBI
Other relevant Master's courses at UiO
- IN4050 – Introduction to artificial intelligence and machine learning (10 credits, full semester)
- IN5490 – Advanced Topics in Artificial Intelligence for Intelligent Systems (10 credits, one or two 1-week workshop sessions)
- BIOS-IN5010 – Computational physiology (10 credits, summer school in Norway and USA)
Relevant Master's programme structure
PhD courses (co)taught with SBI
Other relevant PhD courses at UiO
- BIOS5213 – Phylogeny and Classification (10 credit, every autumn)
- STK-IN9300 – Statistical learning methods in Data Science (10 credits, full semester)
- IN9495 – Advanced Topics in Artificial Intelligence for Intelligent Systems (5 credits, one or two 1-week workshop sessions)
- MF9155 – Introduction to statistics and bioinformatics for the analysis of large-scale biological data (5 credits, 5 days)
Relevant PhD courses outside of UiO
- NORBIS, the National Research School in Bioinformatics: Has relevant courses, workshops and summer school.
- ForBio, the Research School in biosystematics: Has several relevant courses listed on their course pages.
- ELIXIR, the pan-European infrastructure for biological information: Has a great list of courses internationally.
- The Nordic eInfrastructure Collaboration (NeIC): Their training events calendar may contain relevant workshops.
- CodeRefinery: NeIC also hosts CodeRefinery, which has a great set of lessons. See also CondeRefinery's training calendar.
- Sigma2, the national provider of computational and storage resources: Find relevant courses in their training calendar.
- Digital Life Norway Research School: Some of their courses may be relevant, find more on their course and events calendar.