Find reading lists, lecture times and notes from all courses.
Solar storms can paralyse modern communications. Researchers will now launch a swarm with rockets to find out why. Their goal is to develop better space weather forecasts.
UiO and GEOMAR researchers reconstructs global cooling in the reign of the Roman emperor Justinian. Ice-cores and data about sulfate flux reveils the pasts climate disasters.
Many glaciers on Svalbard behave very differently from other glaciers worldwide. They advance massively for some years and then quickly retreat – and then remain quiescent for fifty to a hundred years – before they once again start to advance.
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics
- Department of Biosciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship (SFE)
- Centre for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Centre for Theoretical and Computational Chemistry (CTCC)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
- The Norwegian Centre for Science Education