Daily samples of baby poo taken throughout a full year will reveal how the bacterial community changes in the gut of infants (Apollon.no).
Personalized medicine is the new mantra of the health care system. Chemists at UiO are contributing in the development of simpler, faster and more reliable tools of diagnostics.
Mathematicians are now developing completely new statistical calculations on the world’s fastest computers in order to be able to predict how epidemics of dangerous hospital bacteria spread (Apollon.no).
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics
- Department of Biosciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship (SFE)
- Centre for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Centre for Theoretical and Computational Chemistry (CTCC)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
- The Norwegian Centre for Science Education
Election of the Faculty Board
Sep. 23, 2016 02:52 PM
You can promote candidates until the deadline October 26 at 2:00 PM.
Recycling at the faculty
Sep. 15, 2016 11:55 PM
A new system for recycling will be introduced at the MN faculty. – This is an important measure for an environmentally sustainable university, says Dean Morten Dæhlen.
The life sciences building in a new quality assurance phase
Sep. 12, 2016 09:30 PM
Quality assurance of the management base and cost estimates before the project is submitted to Parliament for approval and funding (QA2) of the planned life science building at UiO started August 16th according to the time schedule and is to be finished till Christmas.
Norwegian–Swedish networking and Nordic Life Science Days
Sep. 12, 2016 09:11 PM
At the 14th and 15th of September the Nordic Life Science Days is arranged in Stockholm. In the evening the 13th a Norwegian–Swedish networking is taking place at the Norwegian Embassy in Stockholm.