Painted altarpieces and other artwork that in late medieval times orated Norwegian churches are now unrecognizable because of loss of color and other damages received during the centuries.
Brand new satellite images, that UiO-scientists have access to and are working on, reveal that heavy rain and mild weather have triggered several landslides at Svalbard recently.
Pharmacy Masters Graduate Daniel Haga Hasselstrøm is the mastermind behind a new company able to produce fatty acids with the ability to cure several of our most common diseases.
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics
- Department of Biosciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Technology Systems
- Centre for Computing in Science Education (CCSE)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship (SFE)
- Centre for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Centre for Theoretical and Computational Chemistry (CTCC)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
Scope and results after one year - CryoWALL
Feb. 24, 2017 11:38 AM
Oslo Life Science is over for now
Feb. 22, 2017 09:28 AM
The Oslo Life Science Conference 2017 is over. See pictures, watch videos and download presentations from the main day.
FLUX tower presentation at Circum-Polar Flux Workshop - PEEX 2017
Feb. 3, 2017 01:47 PM
The LATICE project and the newly installed FLUX tower at Norwegian hight mountain area FINSE, will be presented at the Circum-Polar Flux Workshop held in Hyytiälä, Finland on 6-9 February 2017.
Sunken continent beneath the tropical island Mauritius
Feb. 1, 2017 09:36 AM
Mauritius is best known as a tropical holiday paradise island in the Indian Ocean, but for an Earth Science research team led by Professor Trond H. Torsvik it is piece of a geological puzzle. Now they have found a new fragment of an ancient continental crust beneath the young, but inactive volcanoes on the island.