Things to remember when recruiting young women to the natural sciences or other male-dominated studies.
Thin films made from harmless elements, such as potassium and sodium, can probably replace toxic and lead-containing materials in electronic Products.
According to a new study researchers find that global mean sea level has been accelerating faster than previously assumed.
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics
- Department of Biosciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Technology Systems
- Centre for Computing in Science Education (CCSE)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship (SFE)
- Centre for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Centre for Theoretical and Computational Chemistry (CTCC)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
Videos and pictures from the Nobel event on stem cells
Sep. 18, 2017 10:09 AM
We had a full house when Shinya Yamanaka, 2012 Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine, visited Oslo on September 6. He gave a lecture about a new era of medicine with induced pluripotent stem cells – iPS cells – and participated in a panel discussion on implications of stem cell therapy for patients and society. Watch the videos and see pictures from the events.
Canteen becomes a Learning Environment Center
Sep. 15, 2017 10:16 AM
The Estate Department/UiO is rebuilding the old canteen in the ZEB building to a learning environment center that the geo-students can use.
The life science building: A big day for knowledge nation Norway
Sep. 12, 2017 3:49 PM
Minister of Education and Research Torbjørn Røe Isaksen visited UiO today with promises of a start-up grant for UiO's new life science building
Petroleum Geoscience - textbook now also in Chinese
Aug. 31, 2017 9:47 AM
Professor Emeritus Knut Bjørlykke at the Department of Geosciences could recently proudly show the textbook Petroleum Geoscience in Chinese. The book, first time published in 2010, was revised and expanded in a second edition in 2015. In august 2017 it is also avaiable in Chinese.