For the first time biologists have made a full family tree of the world's spiders, giving us knowledge about venoms that can be useful in medicine.
The most recent study has revealed an unusual amount of short and identical DNA sequences, which might give cod an evolutionary advantage.
Norwegian synthetic fertilizer production began 110 years ago, and its inventor Kristian Birkeland died 100 years ago. While he made it from renewable energy and air, today it's made from natural gas, with big CO2 emissions.
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics
- Department of Biosciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Technology Systems
- Centre for Computing in Science Education (CCSE)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship (SFE)
- Centre for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Centre for Theoretical and Computational Chemistry (CTCC)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
LATICE at EGU 2017 General Assembly, Vienna, 23-28 April
Apr. 19, 2017 9:45 AM
The EGU General Assembly 2017 bring together geoscientists from all over the world to a conference covering all disciplines of the Earth, planetary and space sciences. Also this year several researchers from LATICE will present their work at this conference.
Several funding opportunities UiO:Life Science – application deadline 1st of June
Apr. 18, 2017 12:46 PM
Apply UiO:Life Science for support for internationalization, trainee positions in the life science industry, conferences and other events. The application deadline is 1st of June 2017 for all the calls.
Rebuilding at GEO in Aud 1-2
Apr. 4, 2017 2:27 PM
It will be built a new classroom in connection with Auditorium 1 in the Geology building, Blindern. Auditorium 1-2 will therefore be closed from 18 April to tentatively Sept. 15, 2017. Also Visjonariet will be closed in certain periods.
Carmen Gaina elected as member of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters (DNVA)
Mar. 10, 2017 8:07 AM
CEED Professor Carmen Gaina is newly elected as a member of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters (DNVA).