How a tiny nation won the most medals (by far) at the Olympics.
Norwegian airline pilots have for a long time been among the very best when it comes to landing under difficult weather conditions in winter. Recently, they have become even better because mathematical modelling and enormous amounts of data are being used to tell them how slippery the runway is – before the airplane’s wheels touch the ground.
Neuroscientists from the University of Oslo are the first in the world to discover that structures on the outside of neurons play an important role in storing long-term memories.
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics
- Department of Biosciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Technology Systems
- Centre for Computing in Science Education (CCSE)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship (SFE)
- Centre for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Rosseland Centre for Solar Physics (RoCS)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
- Norwegian Centre for Science Education
- Hylleraas Centre for Quantum Molecular Sciences
Centre for Materialsciences and Nanotechnology is participating in 2 out of 4 projects that were awarded funding from ENERGIX
Mar. 19, 2018 4:43 PM
The 9 th of March the Research Council of Norway issued the last updated message about the awarded projects in the ENERGIX programme where SMN is participating in 2 out of 4 awarded projects in the category «New concepts – ground-breaking new ideas or methods in energy research».
Several vacancies as PhD and PostDocs in Geosciences, University of Oslo
Mar. 15, 2018 1:33 PM
Are you interested in a PhD or Postdoc position within geosciences at University of Oslo? Department of Geosciences is recruiting in thirteen (up to 15) positions just now! Find more information about the vacancies on our webpages.
Klaus Magnus Håland Johansen is the new leader of Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology
Mar. 14, 2018 3:17 PM
From the 1 st of March this year SMN has had a new leader.
Oslo Life Science 2018 – pictures and videos out now
Feb. 28, 2018 2:08 PM
Thanks to all who attended Oslo Life Science – Investing in health and environment – 12–15 February 2018. See pictures and watch videos from the events. We hope to see all of you again at Oslo Life Science 2019.