Personalized medicine is the new mantra of the health care system. Chemists at UiO are contributing in the development of simpler, faster and more reliable tools of diagnostics.
Mathematicians are now developing completely new statistical calculations on the world’s fastest computers in order to be able to predict how epidemics of dangerous hospital bacteria spread (Apollon.no).
How do you define a species? To non-biologists this might sound like the most basic and most obvious of all questions. Yet, there are few matters that stir up more intense discussions between scientists.
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics
- Department of Biosciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship (SFE)
- Centre for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Centre for Theoretical and Computational Chemistry (CTCC)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
- The Norwegian Centre for Science Education
UiO celebrates its 205th anniversary on Friday 2 September. The programme includes mini-lectures and a cake feast, the award ceremony for UiO’s four prizes and HM the King’s gold medals in the University Aula, and the Kristine Bonnevie Lecture.