A doctor could tell you that skiing and running will slow down ageing. But how come mathematicians and physicists give their scientific support to this point of view?
We think of oceans as being stable and permanent. However, they move at about the same speed as your fingernails grow.
A research team document a 192-year series of volcanic eruptions in Antarctica that coincided with deglaciation.
- Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics
- Department of Biosciences
- School of Pharmacy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geosciences
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Technology Systems
- Centre for Computing in Science Education (CCSE)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics (CEED)
- Centre for Entrepreneurship (SFE)
- Centre for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- Rosseland Centre for Solar Physics (RoCS)
- Centre for Scalable Data Access in the Oil and Gas Domain (SIRIUS)
News article on Horizon Magazine: "Sun like it hot"
Jan. 9, 2018 10:31 PM
The news article "Sun like it hot" by Jon Cartwright in Horizon - EU's Research & Innovation Magazine - features the Solar ALMA project including a short interview with project leader Sven Wedemeyer.
Impressions from the field - A Movie from Svalbard
Jan. 3, 2018 1:06 PM
The Trias North Project has staged several field trips to Svalbard. Last year we invited our industrial partners to join us on a excursion. This has resulted in a great movie from one of the participating partners and his field impressions from the field trip to Svalbard in the summer of 2016. The film is ca 30 minutes long and is put togethere by Leif Bjørnar Henriksen from Statoil. The film is available at Youtube.
Norway has got its first SPARKees
Dec. 15, 2017 8:50 AM
The new innovation programme SPARK Norway at UiO has admitted the first research groups – so called SPARKees. They will develop their ideas within health-related life sciences further for the benefit of patients and society.
UiO:Life Science in 24 pictures from 2017
Dec. 14, 2017 10:20 AM
The biggest thing that happened in UiO:Life Science in 2017 was of course the announcement of the start-up grant for the life science building on the national budget for 2018! Read about this and other things that has happened in the initiative so far in 2017.