PhD course in Science Communication: 24 - 26 January 2018
Together with a network of seven research schools, DEEP offers an intensive 3-day PhD course in science communication from 24 - 26 January 2018 in Bergen.
Each day will be filled with inspiring lectures, practical exercises, group discussion and workshops as well as sessions for individual feedback on how you present your research ideas and messages. You will learn how to:
- communicate your research and scientific field to different target groups
- use your voice and body language to convey your message in oral presentations
- use a selection of visualisation techniques and methods to make complex research data understood by a wide range of audiences
- use visual communication tools to translate your research into an illustration
- find suitable approaches on how to receive and give feedback
Time and location:
- Wed 24 – Fri 26 January 2018
- Lecture room 4020, 4/F West Wing, Geophysical Institute, University of Bergen (entry from Jahnebakken 5 or Allégaten 70).
Application deadline is 18 December 2017.