Pharmacognosy in general involving the medicinal plants, their use, bioactive compounds and effect. Focus is on medicinal plants from Mali and South Africa. Ethnopharmacology and bioactivity with focus on wound healing, malaria and diabetes are important areas of research. Additionally I have research collaboration with colleagues in Iceland and in China with focus on bioactive polysaccharides from lichen and microalgae.
Head of Department, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Bioactive compounds from lichens from Iceland. Collaboration with a group led by Elin Soffia Olafsdottir, University of Reykjavik, Island.
From 2011 a collaboration with groups from:
- Western Cape University og University of Bloemfontein, South Africa
- University of Kampala, Uganda
- University of Bamako, Mali
- University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- University of Oxford, UK
- University of Bergen, Norway
in the project MUTHI under EC’s 7th Framework Programme (Health).