My research so far has to a large degree focussed on dark matter, both in phenomenological studies and in the context of concrete models like supersymmetry or large extra dimensions (see e.g. a review on dark matter searches with gamma rays). Further interests include cosmic rays, primordial density fluctuations and cosmological structure formation, as well as global fits of new physics (within the GAMBIT project).
I am also one of the main authors of DarkSUSY, a publicly available numerical package to compute dark matter properties in various particle physics frameworks (i.e. not only supersymmetry, despite the name). Click on the logo to get the most recent release, or here to see the technical articles describing the current version.
For more details, see the list of articles below. There are also some popular science descriptions of my work (e.g. 1,2,3,4); a few are only in Norwegian (1, 2, 3, 4). A recent idea that picked up some press coverage is pandemic dark matter, proposing that the production of dark matter might have striking similarities to the spread of diseases (see also forskning.no and Abels tårn).
Currently our team consists besides me of Jake Gordin (PhD cand.) and Bror Hjemgaard (MSc cand.). Former members include Anastasia Sokolenko (now at HEPHY), Francesca Calore (now at LAPTh,Annecy), Andrzej Hryczuk (now at NCBJ, Warsaw), Mitsuru Kakizaki (now in Toyama), and Martin Vollmann (now in Munich). Recent long-term visitors include Mathias Garny, Jörn Kersten, Christoph Weniger, Pasquale Serpico and Michael Gustafsson. I am the organizer of the semi-regular Theory seminars here at the Physics Department - so let me know if you want to contribute!
- 14 – : Professor, UiO
- 13 – 14 : Associate Professor, UiO
- 09 – 13 : Emmy Noether-group leader, University of Hamburg
- 07 – 09 : Associate researcher, OKC (Stockholm)
- 05 – 07 : Postdoc, SISSA (Trieste)
- 02 – 05 : PhD, University of Stockholm
- 95 – 01 : Diploma, Universities of Konstanz, Tromsø and Freiburg
- Current courses at UiO
Complete and up-to-date list:
- From freeze-in to a new, exponential production regime of dark matter [pdf], SynCRETism, Xania, 20-24 June, 2022.
- An Effective Theory Of Structure Formation [pdf], TeVPA , 2-6 December, Sydney, 2019.
- Coupling self-interacting dark matter to (sterile) neutrinos [pdf], DAνCo, Odense, 28 August - 1 September 2017.
- Current status of Indirect Searches for Particle Dark Matter [pdf], COSMO-15, Warszawa, 7-11 September 2015.
- Contact me for others...!