I am an atmospheric scientist, focusing my research on the role of aerosol particles and clouds in Earth’s climate. I am particularly interested in how aerosol particles affect climate by acting as cloud condensation nuclei and ice nuclei. Other research interests include cloud-climate feedback mechanisms, climate sensitivity, economic consequences of climate change, and climate engineering involving aerosols and/or clouds. Aerosol/cloud effects are arguable among the most uncertain and poorly constrained influences on the climate system, and will represent a tremendous challenge to the scientific community in years to come.
- 2019 – f.t. Professor, Dept. of Geosciences, UiO
- 2018 – 2019 Associate Professor, Dept. of Geosciences, UiO
- 2016 – 2017 Associate Professor, Yale University
- 2010 – 2015 Assistant Professor, Yale University
- 2007 – 2009 Post Doc, ETH-Zurich
- 2006 PhD, University of Oslo