UiO's wireless network is open for all machines regardless of operating system.
The preferred SSID is "eduroam", please use email@example.com to ensure access at all places (i.e other Norwegian universities and colleges, Norwegian airports and other higher education sites abroad).
All Geology building "public" locations and all teaching locations are covered by WLAN.
Graphics: Arnstein Orten
- If you have trouble connecting to eduroam on your laptop or phone, connect to uioguest and follow the instructions that appear to set up eduroam.
- Please check USIT's WLAN pages if you struggle.
- You may need to download a certificate to gain access
List of "guaranteed" and checked locations at the department:
- Auditorium 1, 2 and 3
- The "Visjonariet", "IT-lab 209" and "GISlab" computer rooms
- "Studiesamlingen" (U39C), "Kurssal" (U37A), "Valhall" (219), meeting rooms 317 and 410
- All foyer areas and the former Geo library
- The 4th floor open-air rooftop area, as well as the ground-floor outside entrance area
- All our rooms in the ZEB building
Most offices will be covered. Please contact us if yours isn't so we know there is an uncovered need!