UiO's wireless network is open for all machines regardless of operating system.
The preferred SSID is "eduroam", please use email@example.com to ensure access at all places (i.e Norwegian airports and other higher educating sites all over Europe).
All Geology building "public" locations and all teaching locations are covered by WLAN. The entire CIENS building is covered as well.
Graphics: Arnstein Orten
- If you have trouble connecting to eduroam on your laptop or phone, connect to uioguest and follow the instructions that appears to set up eduroam.
- Please check USIT's WLAN pages if you struggle.
- You may need to download a certificate to gain access
List of "guaranteed" and checked locations:
- Auditorium 1, 2 and 3
- The "Visjonarium", "Termstua 2etg" and "GISlab" computer rooms
- "Studiesamlingen" (U39C), "Kurssal" (U37A), "Valhall" (219), "room 410", "room 317" meeting rooms
- All foyer areas and the Geo library
- The 4th floor open-air rooftop area, as well as the ground-floor outside entrance area
- All our rooms in the ZEB building
- All of CIENS (but not in the rest of Oslo Science park, "Forskningsparken")
Most offices will be covered. Please contact us if yours isn't so we know there is an uncovered need!