Nicolangelo Libero Iannella
The brain has the incredible ability to adapt, learn and remember new skills without erasing old memories. The underlying mechanisms are not well understood especially towards understanding the very long life times of memories.
My main research expertise lies in the areas of computational neuroscience/biology, learning in neural systems, neuromorphic engineering and theoretical physics, along with research interests in:
- Learning (including deep learning) in artificial and spiking neural networks
- Molecular mechanisms underlying Synaptic plasticity
- Neuromorphic Engineering
- Neural-glial-ECM signalling and dynamics
- Learning and memory in neuronal dendrites
- Nonlinear neural dynamics and stochastic processes
- Macroscopic measurement processes (LFP, EEG etc).
If you are looking for a project (co-)supervisor for your Masters or PhD or you would like to collaborate then please contact me via email, researchgate or LinkedIn.